What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Paypal probems -what do I do!?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Paypal probems -what do I do!?
Author: Message:
Gin

~*~ Gin ~*~

37 / Female / –
O.P. Paypal probems -what do I do!?
I have been using Paypal for a few months now and at first it seemed a very good way or paying/receiving payment. However over the last few weeks I have encountered problems.

First off I had money refunded to a buyer whose item got lost in the post, despite having proof of postage, because paypal deemed my proof unsuficient. I cut my losses with this, but now I have found my account has been "limited" because suspicous activity was detected yesterday.

I have heard about accounts being "frozen" and people losing all the money in them because they can't proove they haven't been involved in anything, is this what has happened to mine?

The email I received told me to log on and go onto the "Resolution Center" to sort it out, but when I try to do that I can't log in. I'm asked to fill in some info to verify it's my account first and for some reason I put in my debit card number and it just tells me it's not a valid one.

What can I do? I can't even find an email address to email them and ask...

Has anybody had this happen to them? :(

Any replies appreciated. x
[Image: b15.gif]
03-30-2006 10:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Reaper
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Paypal probems -what do I do!?
i haven't had this sort of problem before, but if you want to contact PayPal, then go visit this link
https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact-general
You may have already done so, but go through the steps shown in the page, then ask your questions
03-30-2006 10:24 AM
Gin

~*~ Gin ~*~

37 / Female / –
O.P. RE: Paypal probems -what do I do!?
Ok, I'll give it a try. Thanks! x
03-30-2006 10:45 AM
Adeptus

Hi,

quote:
The email I received told me to log on and go onto the "Resolution Center" to sort it out, but when I try to do that I can't log in. I'm asked to fill in some info to verify it's my account first and for some reason I put in my debit card number and it just tells me it's not a valid one.
You may be in much more trouble than "problems with Paypal". :(

For your sake, I hope you didn't click a link in the email to go to the "Resolution Center".  This sounds like a phishing scam and that would also explain why you couldn't log in -- if the site you went to was a scam, there was nothing to log in to, it just wanted to capture your information.

If you have fallen for a scam, you should contact your bank immediately and have the debit card deactivated.  Then, go to the real Paypal site (type the http://www.paypal.com address in your browser) and see if you can still log in.  If you can, change your password immediately. 

You can contact Paypal using any of the means listed here.  If you are not in the U.S., the Paypal website for your country should have a similar page.
03-30-2006 05:41 PM
Reaper
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
after reading it again, it does sound like a scam. the email address that paypal should of used to email you must be service@paypal.com/.co.uk
03-30-2006 05:46 PM
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
after reading it again, it does sound like a scam. the email address that paypal should of used to email you must be service@paypal.com/.co.uk

An email address can EASILY be faked. Just checking the email address will do no good.
03-30-2006 11:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Reaper
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
quote:

An email address can EASILY be faked. Just checking the email address will do no good.
i know that, but every single email i get from paypal has been from service@paypal.co.uk
03-30-2006 11:16 PM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
i know that, but every single email i get from paypal has been from service@paypal.co.uk

yes, but EMAIL ADDRESSES CAN EASILY BE FAKED
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
03-30-2006 11:18 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
yes, but EMAIL ADDRESSES CAN EASILY BE FAKED

So the scammer could have done that, its useless checking, of course, if it comes from hotmail, its not spam...
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
03-31-2006 12:00 AM
Gin

~*~ Gin ~*~

37 / Female / –
O.P. RE: Paypal probems -what do I do!?
Hi again. It did turn out to be a scam in the end... I contacted my bank and they advised that the best thing was to to close my account and open a new one - so I have a new account number card number etc now. Thanks for all the replies.

Adeptus, looking at the link you gave I think this is what I was sent. Certainly seems to describe it.

Today I have received another "paypal" email... although I am being far more cautious this time around. Lol. This one even sounds suspicious to me. And the address it is sent from is not service@paypal.co.uk  as they usually are, but from the address service@bank.pay-pal.com

What I found strange about this one today is it's content;
quote:
We recently noticed the following issue on your account:

Your bank has contacted us regarding some attempts of charges from your credit card via the Paypal system. We have reasons to believe that you changed your registration information or that someone else has unauthorized access to your Paypal account Due to recent activity, including possible unauthorized payments placed on your account, we will require a second confirmation of your identity with us in order to allow us to investigate this matter further. Your account is not suspended, but if in 48 hours after you receive this message your account is not confirmed we reserve the right to suspend your Paypal registration. If you received this notice and you are not the authorized account holder, please be aware that it is in violation of Paypal policy to represent oneself as another Paypal user. Such action may also be in violation of local, national, and/or international law. Paypal is committed to assist law enforcement with any inquires related to
attempts to misappropriate personal information with the intent to commit fraud or theft. Information will be provided at the request of law enforcement agencies to ensure that perpetrators are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

To confirm your identity with us click here:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr/?cmd=_login-run-secure

It's weird considering I have done this, but I don't think it's real as I have logged onto my paypal account and had no problems doing so, and found nothing saying I need to fill in information.
04-08-2006 09:17 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: