What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » MyBB Admin CP Demo

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
MyBB Admin CP Demo
Author: Message:
BensPlus-User

– / Male / –
RE: MyBB Admin CP Demo
I think it looks quite good, nice work done there :o
04-01-2006 08:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: MyBB Admin CP Demo
There are some common problems happening over here.

1- There are alot of people thinking that they can use any username or password and log into the admin cp,
please pls dont try to login using usernames and passwords of your imagination, you can't login
i have like tens cases today people are trying to login using some like

User Names: blaat, admin, test, 1=1 etc....
Passwords: jhony, admin, test, 1=1 etc....

2- Some are thinking that the form where it says Username and Password is the place to sign up, whereas the system is so clear.

[list=a]
[*]The left menu is so clear, and it is like a chain or steps.
[*]The place to get a username and a password is called Request Access whereas the place where to login is called Enter Admin CP and it is so abvious the difference between them.
[*]The home page explain crealry the steps you should pass over so you can access the admin cp.
[*]The only way to have a username and password and to access the admin cp, is to provide your email in Request Access that you will get on a random generated username and password.

I hope this time all things are clear.
04-09-2006 12:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
meh it would be better if you could actually see the effects that changes have on a forum :-/

And anyone who wants to sign up without giving their email away you could use http://www.mailinator.com :P
04-09-2006 01:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
..why not just give everyone full access, and restore changes when they log out?
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
04-09-2006 02:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Plik
meh it would be better if you could actually see the effects that changes have on a forum

Well i'm not doing a service that through it you see what will happen, and how they will look, i show how to do it, because we all know if we right this code, we will have this output, u know what i mean. We are not doing anything more than introducing the Admin CP to the visitor who are anxious about MyBB.

And we all know that for many peopel the Admin CP matters more than the rest, and a good (Easy, flexible, Effective and efficient) Admin CP will influence that visitor and instead of waitting to have some free time to install the whole software just to check how its admin cp looks.

Moreover the experience of the actually board and forum can be seen wheter on our board, on the mybb community it self.

quote:
And anyone who wants to sign up without giving their email away you could use http://www.mailinator.com 

We are not stealing people's mail, there is a automatic procedure that i run, that cleans and revert the whole major parts of the database each 24 hours

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
why not just give everyone full access, and restore changes when they log out?
Who is really intersted in knowing MyBB and not comming to abuse the service will give 1 minute of his time requesting access.
moreover, most of the services like these, uses almost the same procedures :)

Thank you, hope u are not mad at me :$ :rolleyes: :P

btw i'm still waiting for a drop from chris boulton :P
04-09-2006 04:28 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by zaher1988
Well i'm not doing a service that through it you see what will happen, and how they will look, i show how to do it, because we all know if we right this code, we will have this output, u know what i mean. We are not doing anything more than introducing the Admin CP to the visitor who are anxious about MyBB.

And we all know that for many peopel the Admin CP matters more than the rest, and a good (Easy, flexible, Effective and efficient) Admin CP will influence that visitor and instead of waitting to have some free time to install the whole software just to check how its admin cp looks.

Moreover the experience of the actually board and forum can be seen wheter on our board, on the mybb community it self.
But what good is an interactive demo of the Admin CP if the users interaction has no visable affect. It wont benifit them in anyway. You may aswell just have a page with screenshots :-/

quote:
Originally posted by zaher1988
We are not stealing people's mail, there is a automatic procedure that i run, that cleans and revert the whole major parts of the database each 24 hours
But you have nothing that states what happens with the email address on your site. As far as anyone can see you could be selling addresses to spammers, you need to add something to your terms of use :-/
04-09-2006 04:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
But what good is an interactive demo of the Admin CP if the users interaction has no visable affect. It wont benifit them in anyway. You may aswell just have a page with screenshots

The idea is an Admin CP Demo, "come and check how mybb admin cp looks", and not to see how the things you edit, affect the board. it is the same for the other services, have an example http://www.vbulletin.com

quote:
But you have nothing that states what happens with the email address on your site. As far as anyone can see you could be selling addresses to spammers, you need to add something to your terms of use
i'll take in consideration and state that in the terms of use, even though i have stated before that there is such a system, but i know that they are limited who will know about it as long as it is not a part of the site itself.

regards
04-09-2006 09:32 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: