What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » In Need Of Assistance With Pc!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
In Need Of Assistance With Pc!
Author: Message:
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
RE: In Need Of Assistance With Pc!
ya this is the same problem i had with TylerG's computer.  Visit this thread and look for answers. http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=56...d=607797#pid607797

although i never posted the real out come (since I figured it out on IRC) the problem was simple:  The heat sink braces fell out and the heat sink would fall off the processor.  I fixed it by getting the metal part of two clothes pins to use a braces since the old ones broke.
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
04-02-2006 09:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
SonicT15

30 / Male / –
O.P. RE: In Need Of Assistance With Pc!
kk thx Adeptus I did the start buttom ect. thing and well it hasn't restared yet. If something comes up about a blue screen i will notify u or send you a pm.  thx again

SonicT:banana:
Reaper my temperature of my pc at the time when i downloaded the cooler was 40.0 celcius. ( telling you cuz u wanted 2 know). and BTW my fan does work at the back so i gusse it was jsut the reboot thing that the other guy told me. thx anyways

04-02-2006 10:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
DJKAL

33 / Male / –
i had this problem not long ago, i think it was caused by WLM as when i switched to MSN it was fine and when i was offline but as soon as i signed in it re-booted my PC  (or within 5 minutes max),
anyway - i did a system format and re-installed WLM with share folders off and got my mate to delete the files out of it and then i didnt get the problem and *touch wood* havent had probles since ( and i use both the share folders and WLM)
so i think it was just a corrupt file somewhere,
maybe a system format is to drastic for you? - but it's my security ( "it dont work:'( - il format it :cheesy:") yer - sad i know, but it has worked with most problems including graphics card problems and reboot problems (this  one) and a few others.
anyway, if it isnt to much hassle for you and nothing else works just try a format.
"You don't sleep, you defragment!"
04-02-2006 10:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
This can be caused by many things.. This used to happen to me when I only had 512 Mb of RAM.. When I upgraded to 1Gb everything became normal.. Or maybe, it was just a coincidence .
04-03-2006 01:32 AM
SonicT15

30 / Male / –
O.P. RE: In Need Of Assistance With Pc!
well everybody, looks like everything is going okay...my msn hasnt signed off or my pc hasnt rebooted by its self for about 6 hours now :D thx everyone for helping

04-03-2006 02:06 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: