What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » US people, please read

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
US people, please read
Author: Message:
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: US people, please read
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus

Finally, I don't know about Verizon and Asurion, but it seems that in most cases, the insurance replacements are repaired / refurbished phones, often with serious problems.  I've heard quite a few horror stories about that.
yes you are partialy correct asurion does buy repaired/refurbushed phones from manufactuares, in addition to making our own repairs on damaged phones that people send back to us when they get there new phone (in the cases were it wasn't lost or stolen) but those phones are are extensivly tested to make sure they are fully working and backed up by a 6 month malfunction warrenty, but we also buy brand new phones from the manufatures, so in order to see that we recive aslittle complaints as possable, the refurbished phones must meet the same standards as the brand new phones, we also offer a 30 day malfunction warenty(for verison clients),on brand new phones.

so yes there are repair phones going back to the costomers, but they are more often then not, the same quality as new phones, but in the event they are still broken, we to replace the phone, with no additional deductables

quote:
After the contract is over, you can do it again and get a new subsidized phone -- and you probably will want to do that anyway, because by then phones will be smaller, nicer and have more features.  At that point, a new phone will cost you practically the same as the amount you would have paid in insurance premiums and deductible, plus you get an upgrade.
not every one wants that, some people want the same phone that they lost, because people are creatures of habit, people like fermiliar things, so the mobile refurbishment spoken about earlyer, allows us to replace phones that are NLP (nolonger produced)

quote:
When I have been offered this sort of insurance in past, the cost has varied between $4 and $8 per month.  If we take the average of that ($6) and multiply by 12, it means additional $72 spent over the course of one year.
we don't deal directly with those charges, those are set by your provider, but from what i've heard, they're usualy between $2-3

again, i'm not trying to sell anything:P, but this is in my opinion a good service, its very friendly, and customer service is our number one priority
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6651 days, 23 hours, 6 minutes, 26 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
04-08-2006 03:53 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
RE: US people, please read
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
Originally posted by Dane
umm....well, I use verizon and I live in the US, but no, i didnt get insurance for my phone, I think its pointless, if I make a simple mistake or accident with it and it breaks, ill buy a new one and learn from my mistakes.
why pay full price when the insurance can replace it for a small decuctable
Its a waste of money.  I considered it for a fraction of a second when I was told about it, but then I got the price from Verizon.  $5.00 a Month for a Total Protection Plan.  I'm commited to a 24 month contract.  Thats $120 through my contract terms that I could keep to buy something worthwhile.  The chances that ill break my phone are EXTRAORDINARILY SLIM, before my plan I had a Prepay phone for just about 2 years and nothing ever happened to it.  Its worthless imo.
04-08-2006 05:58 AM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: US people, please read
quote:
Its a waste of money.
well thats your Opinion, but there are people that do consiter it a good service

edit: changed phone to opinion, silly mistake

This post was edited on 04-08-2006 at 07:44 AM by NiteMare.
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6651 days, 23 hours, 6 minutes, 26 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
04-08-2006 06:15 AM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
RE: US people, please read
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
Its a waste of money.
well thats your phone, but there are people that do consiter it a good service
Maybe if you break stuff constantly....I am not denying its a good service, but I only think its good and worth it if you break your phone or lose it a lot.
04-08-2006 06:47 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: