What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » help with retrieving personal message

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
help with retrieving personal message
Author: Message:
twentytwo

O.P. help with retrieving personal message
Hello fellow plus junkies, I am trying to find a way to access the personal message for a plugin I am making for Plus, It is absolutly essential for this plugin to access the personal message atleast once every 5 minutes, without it, the plugin will not fullfill the goal it was originally intended for. I can't tell you my idea either because believe me, It WILL be copied :P But it will be good and you will like it if I can get it done.

I was hoping there was some WinAPI stuff that could do it but it appears the window which contains the PM is actually nameless or hidden or something, perhaps there is an API which can take X-Y co-ords that im not aware of?

The other option is to use active accessiblity but I have NO IDEA where to start with that.

Please help!
04-06-2006 05:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
J-Thread

– / Male / –
RE: help with retrieving personal message
Take a look at this page, it might be interesting for you(Y)
04-06-2006 08:30 AM
twentytwo

O.P. RE: help with retrieving personal message
That page has information about changing the PM, I am looking to retrieve the PM.
04-06-2006 09:52 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
We can't help you anymore than what is already been said in your thread on the MSNFanatic forums....

I'm not going to repeat everything what TheSteve have said there, but it is all correct and nothing more can be added to that.

http://forums.fanatic.net.nz/index.php?showtopic=15194
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-06-2006 10:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
twentytwo

Thats not entirely true, patchou manages to retrieve the PM changes and log them in his event log and I know he dosn't hook the sockets, so there is SOME way of doing it..
04-06-2006 11:18 AM
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by twentytwo
Thats not entirely true, patchou manages to retrieve the PM changes and log them in his event log and I know he dosn't hook the sockets, so there is SOME way of doing it..
AFAIK he know uses either winsock hooking or some form of sniffing to look directly at the protocol data.
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
04-06-2006 11:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
twentytwo

Dosn't seem like something a professional programmer like patchou would do, hopefully he has a response for this thread :)

My guess is that hes an expert with the Windows API or he used a little ASM hack to grab the PM like he does for the nickname changing (i believe)..
04-06-2006 12:06 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: help with retrieving personal message
quote:
Thats not entirely true
That's completely true...

Again, there is nothing which can be added to what TheSteve has said.

And as he also has said and explained multiple times, forget about API's and stuff... Messenger does NOT use controls like you are used to in other programs. It makes his own controls, they are windowless, etc...

There is NO API which you can use...

Please reread what has been said in the thread on MSNFanatic.

The way Patchou does it is way complicated (righedit hooking) and frankly (after reading both threads here and on msnfanatic) I doubt you have the knowledge to pull this off or to understand how.

Sorry for being so blunt, but you keep on asking/persisting when everything is already explained multiple times...

This post was edited on 04-06-2006 at 12:19 PM by CookieRevised.
04-06-2006 12:14 PM
twentytwo

quote:
The way Patchou does it is way complicated (righedit hooking) and frankly (after reading both threads here and on msnfanatic) I doubt you have the knowledge to pull this off or to understand how.

The way patchou does what? make Plus? Im not asking how he made plus, im asking how he identifies the Personal Message "window" or "container" or whatever the heck you want to call it, because if the thing exists and has a handle, there IS a way to pull the string from it. Patchou cannot simply hook all msn windows and automatically "know" which messages are from the Personal message text box and which are from the plus menu's, he has to be able to identify or distinguish the Personal Message changes from other changes using a handle, and I want to know where he gets the handle from.

And just to note, your bluntness simply comes off as arrogance, please don't talk to me like I'm a child.

This post was edited on 04-06-2006 at 01:11 PM by twentytwo.
04-06-2006 01:09 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: help with retrieving personal message
quote:
The way patchou does what?
The way Patchou catches the PSM as you are asking...

quote:
... make Plus?
Im not asking how he made plus, im asking how he identifies the Personal Message "window" or "container" or whatever the heck you want to call it
Nobody said anything about making Plus!...

Everybody (in both this thread and on MSNFanatic) replied to you about how to (try to) catch the PSM.

quote:
because if the thing exists and has a handle, there IS a way to pull the string from it.
Please read the threads and posts...

http://forums.fanatic.net.nz/index.php?s=0d6b22f6...w=findpost&p=97560

If you don't know what richedit hooking or socket hooking is, I'd suggest to look deeper into that and do some google searches (instead of persisting and asking the same stuff over and over again as if we don't know what you're asking)...

quote:
And just to note, your bluntness simply comes off as arrogance, please don't talk to me like I'm a child.
I'm sorry but everything which we could have said is already been said more than multiple times. You keep on asking the same thing (not to mention mis- or not understanding apparently what has been said).

Also, my initial post to this thread was also to suggest to keep it in the MSNFanatic thread as that has the most and detailed information already. No need to cross posting on different forums with the result of having two threads about exactly the same but with both having half to explanation... Hence why I said that we can't add anything to what has been said on MSNFanatic

This post was edited on 04-06-2006 at 01:21 PM by CookieRevised.
04-06-2006 01:17 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: