What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » help with retrieving personal message

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
help with retrieving personal message
Author: Message:
twentytwo

O.P. RE: help with retrieving personal message
I know enough about hooking (and just for the record, probably 10x what you know) to know that you cant mindlessly intercept all WM's from msn messenger and automatically know which is a personal message, which is a menu click, which is a receieved message.. etc.. You have to know the Handle of the object in question so that you can identify where the changes are occuring in your application,

For example, if you know the handle for the RichTextBox inside a conversation window you can distinguish all messages coming from that text box from all the other messages which have different handles.

Fanatic have done a good job answering my questions, but TheSteve also believes that patchou uses a socket hook, however, I do not believe that someone of patchous calibre would do such a thing, I believe he is using API's or some kind of memory hack, which is something you probably have very little knowledge of.

Please do not respond again Cookie, it will only force me to re-explain myself once more, resulting in the exact thing you are trying to prevent - spam.

So again, I ask, How did patchou locate this handle? And what is it?

This post was edited on 04-06-2006 at 01:33 PM by twentytwo.
04-06-2006 01:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: help with retrieving personal message
There is no handle: it's not a frigging window! I know: I've delved deeper into Messenger than most, trying to work out how it's constructed so I can exploit that to my own benign ends. SO, when I say there's no frigging handle to the PSM, there's no frigging handle!
Anyway, only developers will skills like Patchou are able to hook Winsock: I know, I've tried it myself and failed. And I'm no novice. And, you can intercept WMs and then work out which one is the PSM: it's not hard using Spy++. If there's a WM associated with a PSM change, it'll be caught by Spy++. Then it's a case of a simple subclass and filter function.

I suggest you go away and do some research into the Messenger window structure, then come back and read this thread and the one at Fanatic.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
04-06-2006 06:01 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: