What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Will there be a Plus! Live! Open Beta

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Will there be a Plus! Live! Open Beta
Author: Message:
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Will there be a Plus! Live! Open Beta
quote:
Originally posted by Reload2
And more people we are using a public beta, more bugs we can find before the final release :)
It would honestly be a hard transition for Plus! Live in its early stage to go to be a public beta. We the testers have an extensive library of bugs we consistantly have to go through to make sure nothing is broken because of a fix. People wouldn't have access to this information so for now it will remain a closed beta. Thats not to say that Messenger Plus! Live 4.10 wont be a public beta (you know know.)
04-13-2006 08:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
C-S-M

Soon to be Plus! Live User

– / Male / –
K I'm really confused, everyone is going on about how well the BETA is coming along, but they still don't want it public? It's obviously all up to Patchou, but if you don't mind me asking, what are these forums for if we can't ask for help, or let other people know about problems with the program? If the program is coming along well, it should be released, and then people can post any problems that they're having here on the forums where the official testers can help them! That's just my opinion... Hope someone can take it into consideration.
[Image: wlmtester7uc.jpg]
[Image: messengerdiscoverylive.jpg]
04-13-2006 09:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
"coming along well" doesn't mean a thing. It can be interpreted in many ways.

As Matty has said, there are still far too many things which go wrong. However, this doesn't mean that it comes along well considering the amount of bugs already been fixed. But that doesn't say again anything about what still needs to be fixed... or even still need to be added.

And the forums are here to help people with the official public release. And currently that is still Plus!3.

This post was edited on 04-13-2006 at 09:44 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-13-2006 09:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Sorry I was too vague in my last post... I'm 90% sure I won't make a public beta version (As you may already know, I don't like that idea). What I'll probably end up doing is release 4.00 and keep on working on 4.10 before I take a little pause.

Of course, maybe that won't be necessary and I'll be able to deliver a good version 4.00 right from the beginning. Despite the amount of testing that's been done already, Messenger Plus! Live being a new software, I know I'll have a lot of bug reports from users at the beginning, caused by many factors that the current testers can't really reproduce.

What I won't do is release a version that still has important known problems so again, everything's left to be decided.
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-13-2006 11:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: