What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Unlocking "3" phones...

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Unlocking "3" phones...
Author: Message:
hypedupmonkey

33 / Male / –
O.P. Unlocking "3" phones...
I am thinking of buying a Nokia 6630 on the 3 Network tomorrow from phones 4 u for £90.
I do not like the 3 network and would like to use my previous Virgin Mobile sim card within the phone, I am having doubts if phones locked to the 3 network are eligble for unlocking to all networks.
If they are, I shall get it unlocked from a local unlocking shop near Phones 4 u.

Could someone just clarify if it will be at all possible?
Hyped
[Image: WLM8.png]
04-20-2006 08:51 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Reaper
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Unlocking "3" phones...
You unlock the phone and not the network. It possible to unlock it, many unlock "calculators" can be found online, just use google. I have a Nokia 7600, which is a 3G phone, but I unlocked it and used my o2 sim in there.

[Edit] after doing a bit of research, its not possible to remotely unlock the 6630 model using the codes as the way the way the the phone handles the phone unlocking has been updated/changed. They new system is called BB5. The only way it is done is via the "cable" method, which mobile phone shops have access to but bear in mind, that not all shops can do it so check with Carphone Warehouse as they are able to do it, but at the current networks request. You could also call up 3 and see if its possible, although they may refuse or charge over £100 for it to be done.

This post was edited on 04-20-2006 at 09:29 PM by Reaper.
04-20-2006 09:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Rik

31 / Male / Flag
Nokias can be easely unlocked by simple codes, i won't give you any sinse i think it's eligal so go to google and search "nokia 6630 unlock code" or something
04-20-2006 09:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
pm'ed you...

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
04-20-2006 09:12 PM
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
Since when is unlocking a phone illegal?

There are unlock code generators for Nokias.

Apparantly 3 makes phones unlockable from 3, but I think that it's locked as normal, and they just wont give you the code.

Right now, my friend wants to unlock his NEC and 3 want him to spend a minimum of $200 more using his phone.

This post was edited on 04-20-2006 at 10:00 PM by rav0.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
04-20-2006 09:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
hypedupmonkey

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Unlocking "3" phones...
I shall try anyway, The phone unlocker I have found works on a market stall and unlocked my Nokia N-Gage from O2 with a cable so I am going to visit him first to see if it possible before buying the phone.
If possible, I shall give it the go ahead.

Thank you for all your replies and your time,
Hyped
[Image: WLM8.png]
04-20-2006 09:54 PM
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
be careful if ur gonna have ur phone taken apart, if voids the garentee and alot of the time, they fuck up aterwards, happened with my old one and my gf's old phone
04-22-2006 10:43 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Just to let you know, I got my 3 phone unlocked to o2 and WAP/Internet/Email does not work. So if you want to use any of them, I strongly suggest you don't buy that phone on the 3 network. Any other network is fine, I think.

I went in o2 shop to see if I could get internet working and they said they "can't do it because it's originally a 3 phone. If it was any other, we would be able to do it for you."
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
04-22-2006 11:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Reaper
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Just to let you know, I got my 3 phone unlocked to o2 and WAP/Internet/Email does not work. So if you want to use any of them, I strongly suggest you don't buy that phone on the 3 network. Any other network is fine, I think.

I went in o2 shop to see if I could get internet working and they said they "can't do it because it's originally a 3 phone. If it was any other, we would be able to do it for you."
I did that. I got my WAP working. You just need the settings and you need to activate them/make it your default.
04-23-2006 12:15 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Unlocking "3" phones...
quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4

I did that. I got my WAP working. You just need the settings and you need to activate them/make it your default.

That's what I went in there for, to get the settings, but they said it won't work because it's a 3 phone?

I have a Motorola E1000, not that it matters.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
04-23-2006 01:06 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: