What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Silent Hill

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Silent Hill
Author: Message:
Reaper
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Silent Hill
I think number 4 is the best one. Great story and gameplay
04-21-2006 09:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

Yeah I haven't really played Silent hill that much, I kept pressing escape and it closed the emulator, which really pissed me off...

I've completed Silent Hill 2 (the extended one with born from a wish on) and I'm on the final parts of Silent Hill 4, where you go back to all of the places again... Silent Hill 4 probably has one of the best storylines from the lot of them, I like how the storyline slowly progresses and goes from something that seems simple into something really complicated. I've played Silent Hill 3 for a few hours and it's really good... Silent Hill 4 is definitely this best one so far, the first person bit is a bit gay sometimes though, cause the textures in The Room are absolutely crap :p.
04-21-2006 09:19 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
silent hill 1 is the best one (except for the graphics of course, but doesnt really matter :P).
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
04-21-2006 09:20 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Reaper
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
yeh the first person is all that but at least its only for the apartment. The zombies dont die either :|. I bought Silent Hill 2 aswell for £10. its a classic one so i thought, what the hell

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
silent hill 1 is the best one (except for the graphics of course, but doesnt really matter :P).
the only one i havnt played

This post was edited on 04-21-2006 at 09:21 PM by Reaper.
04-21-2006 09:21 PM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Silent Hill
omg, everyone go see it, it is so cool!  Edge of your seat Thriller...
04-22-2006 03:53 AM
Cloud Strife

Lifestream...

35 / Male / Flag
is not fair, the movie is not yet here in mexico :(
[Image: firmaB.jpg]
04-22-2006 06:34 AM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
I can't wait till it comes to theater down here in Tennessee. For sure gonna see it, looks awesome xD.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
04-22-2006 03:45 PM
Negro_Joe

Go!Go!Go!

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Condemned
Silent Hill 4 is definitely this best one so far, the first person bit is a bit gay sometimes though, cause the textures in The Room are absolutely crap

silent hill 4 is the worst one :O its nothing like the other ones and sacrifices the story and the whole scary aspect of the predecessors for more action oriented gameplay where the whole scary and unseetling idea was one of the most important, the whole room aspect is a bit rubbish and its pretty repetitive, and all the creature desigsn have been taken too far, and have lost all significance...

Silent hill 2 is by far the best one, it retains the whole eery setting throughout, and isnt intereuppetd by having to return to a room, the graphics are excellent for a 2001 game and the story is much better then 4th, the first section of the 4th one put me off and i havnt played it since...

the 1st one also retains its quality even now 7 years after its release I have it on the pc and it is a whole lot scarier then the 4th one, the story is excellent and the continuation of this story in the third is very well done, the only criticsm i would have of this si that the 3rd is very confusing if the player has not completed the first game...

This post was edited on 04-22-2006 at 04:02 PM by Negro_Joe.

[Image: sinavatar4ie.jpg]

04-22-2006 04:00 PM
teddytim

I'm hungry for more!

44 / Male / –
Saw the movie last night... really good but i didnt really like the ending
04-22-2006 04:48 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
quote:
Originally posted by Condemned
Silent Hill 4 is definitely this best one so far, the first person bit is a bit gay sometimes though, cause the textures in The Room are absolutely crap

silent hill 4 is the worst one :O its nothing like the other ones and sacrifices the story and the whole scary aspect of the predecessors for more action oriented gameplay where the whole scary and unseetling idea was one of the most important, the whole room aspect is a bit rubbish and its pretty repetitive, and all the creature desigsn have been taken too far, and have lost all significance...

Silent hill 2 is by far the best one, it retains the whole eery setting throughout, and isnt intereuppetd by having to return to a room, the graphics are excellent for a 2001 game and the story is much better then 4th, the first section of the 4th one put me off and i havnt played it since...

the 1st one also retains its quality even now 7 years after its release I have it on the pc and it is a whole lot scarier then the 4th one, the story is excellent and the continuation of this story in the third is very well done, the only criticsm i would have of this si that the 3rd is very confusing if the player has not completed the first game...

How does it sacrifice the story? It doesn't sacrifice anything, the gameplay is still amazing on The Room and the storyline is fucking awesome... I think the idea of being locked inside your room one day pretty fucked up... How everything is slowly linking in to you and your surroundings is amazing and the storyline is just plain fucked up... It isn't as scary as the others, but it is still really eery... You've hardly played it, you wouldn't know. Like you said, you played the start and it put you off... The start bit in the subway is the worst bit, once you get into the forest and stuff the game is actually amazing... especially once the storyline starts to unfold. There hasn't been 10 minutes where the game has been "repetetive", every world you go to something new is found out, so everytime you get into your apartment you just want to keep on playing to see what's going to happen next and what the monsters will be like... The creature designs are amazing in this one, some of them are just completely fucked up and are creepy, others are just a bit annoying (same as in all games though :-/)... If you play it, you'll realise that the creatures that are in the game are actually significant to what is going on (such as the creatures with the 2 heads and massive arms)... They're children in the orphanage that have been affected by the goings on of where they're staying... The ghosts are people that have been affected by the Walter person who killed all of those people... I can go on. You hardly ever have to go back to the room, and when you do, it's only for about 5 minutes, and when you have to stay there it's usually for a cut scene where you find something out about the storyline.

I don't get how you can have an opinion on something that you haven't even played thoroughly, the fact that you don't know the story at the start of the game is the whole point... It's puts you in the situation of the character, who knows as much as you do... fuck all...

Your post is absolute bollocks.
04-22-2006 04:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: