What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » You know a program has issues when....

You know a program has issues when....
Author: Message:
DouglasC

O.P. You know a program has issues when....
It verifys it is not being uninstalled by a script!  I have had plenty of crap/spyware/malware on my computer before but not until my gf installed Messenger Plus! 3 did I see one that so KNEW it was crap/spyware/malware that it has to verify the uninstall! 

I hope this program does end up dieing because all the Anti-spyware programs catch on.
04-26-2006 05:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
segosa
Community's Choice

RE: You know a program has issues when....
Thanks for your kind words, but the adware is optional. Your "girlfriend" chose to install it. Go shout at her, not us.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
04-26-2006 06:15 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Funness

35 / Male / –
It is easy to remove, uninstall MSGPlus! and it will go with it. You can then choose to reinstall without the adware. This is simple.
[Image: kingofpants.png]
                                        funness.net
04-26-2006 06:31 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
Or just get over the fact that the programmer that makes MsgPlus! needs to make money... So he puts an optional adware in his program that mostly noobs install cause they don't read the installer... But then there are a few people who do install it on purpose to get him money... I'm pretty sure you don't even have to completely uninstall msgplus to get rid of it anymore... I think you can just uninstall the msgplus! Sponsor.
04-26-2006 12:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
I think you couldn't uninstall the sponsor properly because your Anti Spy/Adware program deleted parts of it. And i do understand your frustration when it won't uninstall but instead of yelling at us give this lil piece of advice a chance:
- Exit/disable your AV/Anti spy/adware program temporarily
- Install Plus! with sponsor
- Immediately uninstall (sponsor only if you wish) and follow instructions carefully
- Reboot to make sure every leftover is gone and enable your AV/Anti Spy/Adware prog again (if it didn't already on reboot).

Now feel free to give Plus! another try, and remember the sponsor is optional...if not selected "yes install sponsor" then it will only install Plus!.

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
I'm pretty sure you don't even have to completely uninstall msgplus to get rid of it anymore... I think you can just uninstall the msgplus! Sponsor.
True, but that will only be successful if the sponsor uninstaller hasn't been cripled by anti ad/spyware programs already. Hence why in this case i advice to reinstall with sponsor beforehand ;)

This post was edited on 04-26-2006 at 12:29 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
04-26-2006 12:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: