What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » microdirect.... B*stards

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
microdirect.... B*stards
Author: Message:
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. microdirect.... B*stards
Well i advise you to never buy from microdirect, they have always given me a dodgy service, and recently my dad also

I got a Creative Zen Micro from them, all was ok but then about 5 months the headphone jack smelt really badly of burning electricals and no headphones or speakers would work properly they just kept crackling

i phoned up MD loads and waited loads on their shitty hold lines and then they would hang up so you'd have to do it all again, anyway when i did get through they just said go to our website its all on there, then hang up. I tried going through their website and none of the links worked or anything.

This is where i phoned them up again and asked them about returning and exchanging it, they said that their website did work and basically called me incompetent of working a PC.

(I then phoned up creative who answered the phone instantly, listened to my problems asked what if anything i had done to test or check the player, then sent me an email with a printable address label to send the player back to them for a brand new one, when i recieved it back within a week i was very happy and even happier to see they gave me the extra brand new 6GB versiion instead of my previous 5GB size)

A similar story for my auntie who bought a Rio Carbon MP3 player, except they didn't send it back to her, she then asked where the fuck it was basically and they accused her of stealing it, even though she never signed for it and they have records of who signed what and when.

(she now owns an ipod and is happy with that :P)

Then recently with my dad, he bought 10 Sat navs from them costing £1300+ and not a single one worked and they were all used and had scratches and stuff on, they took them back declared they were shit and said they would give dad a full refund by X date, X date came and went, dads card bill came in and they had charged him and not refunded him.

This was very bad as my dad had been counting on them refunding him, because he went out and bought another 10 sat navs from a local store (which work)

He went ape, phoned up MD (had same problems i had) who then said that they worked but he could have an exchange or a refund minus the cost of them picking them up and delivering them again. He then told them that 'bill' had already told them that he was goign to be recieving a full refund by X date and hasn't. He then got through to MD's 'Bill' who then got shouted at, he apologised and then explained that their accountancy and returns departments recently got new powers to do stop transactions as and when they want.

We still haven't heard anything from them in a week

Sorry its been a long post but needed to rant, places like Microdirect and eBuyer make they're money by selling old refurbished goods and they have shit service. So steer clear of them!
04-30-2006 11:14 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Reaper
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: microdirect.... B*stards
I havn't had any buying experience from microdirect, but seems like they are shit at what they do. eBuyer is a good site, I use it a lot. No problems whatsoever
04-30-2006 12:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
thats why i rarely buy off the internet, dodgy service. if you buy it a store and they refuse to serve you, you can just smack them on the face :P
04-30-2006 02:31 PM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
the best thing to do when your on the phone with a customer service rep, and its not going your way, is to ask for a supiviosr, its those magic words to a CSR, it ends the call there and the customer feels they are getting somewhere, and in your case, you might
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6659 days, 12 hours, 25 minutes, 27 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
04-30-2006 05:59 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: microdirect.... B*stards
Well i'm not dealing with them anymore anyway, also my dad got a direct phone number to their offices so he doesn't have to wait to moan at them anymore :P

DAMN I WISH THIS FORUM HAD BUILT IN QUICK EDIT

This post was edited on 04-30-2006 at 06:16 PM by aNILEator.
04-30-2006 06:14 PM
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
Thats some screwed up company..

Id sue them..
04-30-2006 08:44 PM
kao
Veteran Member

boring

37 / Male / Flag
never heard of them, so i'd never use them. I stick to decent sites like ebuyer/overclockers/misco (used dabs once but the delivery was a day or 2 late so wont be using them again =p)
04-30-2006 09:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: microdirect.... B*stards
its england, people don't go sueing people other every minute detail, unlike america :P
04-30-2006 09:07 PM
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
Oh you call that a minute detail?..ok..each person knows what to do with their money..
05-01-2006 12:00 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
If you're in Manchester, try Aria down in Longsight. Service there is excellent in my experience, and they're generally cheaper than MicroDirect. Even if you're not in Manchester: http://www.aria.co.uk

Personal recommendation from me ;)
[Image: spartaafk.png]
05-01-2006 12:08 AM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: