What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [release] Messenger Plus! Live Translator

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
[release] Messenger Plus! Live Translator
Author: Message:
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [release] Messenger Plus! Live Translator
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Make the window resizeable (and the translation text boxes and file textboxes should resize with it; the rest stays fixed)
i can only do that the window resizes horizontally (which is quite dodgy). I tried to do resizeable in both sides but when you change the height, you see dodgy efects: Note that there are 2 controls (the 2 edit boxes) that has to be resized vertically and they should maintain the same height. This is not possible via the xml file.

Anyway, I don't see any reason to make it resizeable. All texts fit in the edit boxes, why make it bigger?
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
05-01-2006 05:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [release] Messenger Plus! Live Translator
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Make the window resizeable (and the translation text boxes and file textboxes should resize with it; the rest stays fixed)
i can only do that the window resizes horizontally (which is quite dodgy).
Why would that be dodgy?
quote:
I tried to do resizeable in both sides
Yeah, I meant only horizontally :$.
quote:
Anyway, I don't see any reason to make it resizeable. All texts fit in the edit boxes, why make it bigger?
because it might be suiteable for certain texts/translations, etc.... It's not an issue about text not being fully visible though, but about possible added convenience. It is a small thing to add, so why not? :p:D

EDIT: As a matter of fact, it can be quite usefull to test how and when your translation is wrapped when you resize the window to fit the width available for certain translations.

(eg: personally this is one of the things I always do/check too in my translation. Translating text is one thing; it should also look good, even when wrapped by Plus!)

It might even be usefull to see possible loooooooooong path/file names in the file textboxes without scrolling with the cursor all the time.

This post was edited on 05-01-2006 at 11:18 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-01-2006 05:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: