What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » What's going on with Winks onWLM Beta?

What's going on with Winks onWLM Beta?
Author: Message:
scifiswain

– / Female / –
O.P. What's going on with Winks onWLM Beta?
Hello, I have the latest version of Windows Live Messenger installed, and I used to be able to play winks, but for a while now strange things have been happening when I try to play them.  It says that a Flash player is required, and it takes me to the right page, but nothing seems to happen.  It says on the page that you might have to click a gold bar on the top of the page or something, but I can't seem to find what they mean.  It is more difficult for me as I am blind and have to use a screenreader to access the internet, but I would like to find out how to install the Flash player, that instidentally I thought I had anyway.  Maybe its something wront with my computer?  Please someone help if you can.

Thanks.
05-03-2006 07:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Reaper
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: What's going on with Winks onWLM Beta?
Flash player
That is the URL to get flash. If its the same problem as before with the "gold bar" then your browser, is blocking the installation of it.
05-03-2006 07:36 PM
scifiswain

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: What's going on with Winks onWLM Beta?
How would i stop the browser blocking it?
  It doesnt seem to say that its stopping anything, from what I can tell.   What is the gold bar anyway and how could I get to it?

This post was edited on 05-03-2006 at 07:42 PM by scifiswain.
05-03-2006 07:37 PM
Reaper
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: What's going on with Winks onWLM Beta?
When you access that page, near the top of the browser, depending if you have the Links toolbar showing or not, a bar will come up underneath the Address bar asking you if you want to install it. It appears in Internet Explorer and Firefox, but im not sure about other browsers.
05-03-2006 07:45 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: