What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Ip-show

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Ip-show
Author: Message:
Steven

Phillup you little devil you/..

30 / Male / –
RE: Ip-show
Where did you here you need it for online gaming? I swear i've read somewhere before about that
[Image: sig2ni2.gif] 
05-30-2006 11:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
Or setup a forum and get them to make a post in it :P and then go to her post and click on "Show IP".
But you didint here it from me;)
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

05-30-2006 11:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Mentality

The Best Representation OF me IS ME!

38 / Male / Flag

quote:
Originally posted by steven5678
Where did you here you need it for online gaming? I swear i've read somewhere before about that

quote:
Originally posted by Crossss
I need the ip for online gaming.. It would be very easy with a plugin. But isnt it possible?
05-30-2006 11:21 AM
Steven

Phillup you little devil you/..

30 / Male / –
Oh, Does it ask you to type in the persons ip to play him? Im sure there could be an easier way :P
[Image: sig2ni2.gif] 
05-30-2006 11:23 AM
Mentality

38 / Male / Flag
He says he wants it on MSN so he can see peoples IP for online gaming, but I fail to see why he would need to see everyones, and why it has anything to do with MSN if he wants it for gaming.

but w.e
05-30-2006 11:24 AM
Crossss

O.P. Wink  RE: RE: Ip-show
quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
He says he wants it on MSN so he can see peoples IP for online gaming, but I fail to see why he would need to see everyones, and why it has anything to do with MSN if he wants it for gaming.

but w.e

I don't need everybodys IP only the ones I'm playing with. But it would be just stupid to make one that just shows some one..

quote:
Originally posted by TiN
1. Send them a file about 1.5 megs.

2. Go in start the run then type in cmd.

3. Write in netstat.

4. While you are sending the file their ip should show up.

5. Find a ip that has a internet provider like optus, bigpond, primus, iinet, adam Internet and so on.......

6. That will be their ip address!

I have tried that before, but it dosn't work with everybody. With some people it only showes ther domain. That is with people who are connected to internet through there university. But it was a very good idea ^^
05-30-2006 12:39 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
I don't need everybodys IP only the ones I'm playing with.
If that person use Messenger Plus! than simply ask him/her to type "(!IP)" (without the quotes.

For persons without Plus!, simply as him/her to visit http://www.showipaddress.com/ and paste the result to you.

It isn't easy to make a plugin for this that tells you the IP without and cooperation from the user from the other side. Because MSN/WLM don't make direct connections anymore... even filetransfers are not always direct connections (it used to be direct only in the past).
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
05-30-2006 01:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Crossss

O.P. RE: RE: Ip-show
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
If that person use Messenger Plus! than simply ask him/her to type "(!IP)" (without the quotes.

For persons without Plus!, simply as him/her to visit http://www.showipaddress.com/ and paste the result to you.

It isn't easy to make a plugin for this that tells you the IP without and cooperation from the user from the other side. Because MSN/WLM don't make direct connections anymore... even filetransfers are not always direct connections (it used to be direct only in the past).

Most of them does not have Messenger Plus! and dosn't want to start. And it would be must easier to have a butten in msn og that it always is shown..

I'm just wondering if its possible not if its easy ^^ sow If someone manage to make one I and many other would be grateful..

A IP-adress is ment to be public, sow I don't see the problem. It would probably be one of the most popular addons to MSN, and thats prestige:)

Hope someone is good enough to make one;)

This post was edited on 05-30-2006 at 02:04 PM by Crossss.
05-30-2006 02:03 PM
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
A IP-adress is ment to be public
It is ?
05-30-2006 02:41 PM
Mentality

38 / Male / Flag
It's not MEANT to be public at all, it shud only be accessed when it needs to be, any reputable webpage that does use your IP clearly states that in any terms and conditons based on the site.

Using a program like the one your requesting would be stealing the IP because not everyone would know you was taking it. no matter what it's for. this is what people are trying to tell you.

maybe you don't plan on using it maliciously, but an open program like that would be used maliciously by some people - not that prestige at all really is it.
05-30-2006 04:36 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: