What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!!
Author: Message:
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!!
Double posting and talking like that are two ways to get people to not reply anymore ;).... Anyway! Go to www.mess.be and download 7.0 from there if you need it... I don't see why 7.5 isn't working for you, cause it's working for me...

Try uninstalling Messenger Plus! and just running MSN Messenger... or if you have stuffplug-NG.... disable that and it might do the trick... I'm pretty sure that there is a known bug with Stuffplug that can make MSN crash... I'm not sure if it affects loggin in at all though.
09-16-2005 02:02 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
Look Redbo7 !! 1st thanks for your words, though they are not recommended!

look uninstall all things related to msn messenger, like qgroessl said, and also uninstall msn messenger! make sure you clear everything!. then find the 7.0 in somewhere like mess.be or search through yahoo! , if it works, then download A NEW VERSION of msn messenger 7.5.299 from the official website and upgrade your 7.0. this should work!

and what i mentioned by 4.6 i mean the msn messenger that comes with WIN XP which also called windows messenger , the old version i mean, it still working.

Regards
09-16-2005 07:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by redbo7
i chose the 1st server ~messenger.hotmail.com tested it,
it sed it was online so I set it as my server went to sign in again and
its still sayin service temp unavailable? Am I doin it right?

Try choosing another server, because I think that messenger.hotmail.com is the default one that MSN uses... :)

YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
09-16-2005 09:17 AM
planetops

Hello guys!
I'm sure it is a firewall problem, I've got the same:
Mine is Kaspersky Anti-Hacker, and I had to allow the new msnmsgr.exe for connections, because the new EXE is different.
09-16-2005 09:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
redbo7
Banned

42 / – / –
O.P. RE: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!!
sorry ppl I wasnt throwin abuse @ any1 in particular im just frustrated with mssgr. I'll try the new ways th@ av bin suggested n c wot happens. I apologise 4 my actions and select choice of words. Thanx 4 evry1s help so far :)
09-16-2005 11:04 AM
redbo7
Banned

42 / – / –
O.P. RE: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!!
HOOOOOORAAAAAAAY FINALLY PROBLEM SOLVED. I mnaged to find version 7.0 to dwnld. works fine now. I WONT BOTHER WITH VRSION 7.5 HAHAHAHA. Thanks again u guys 4 ur hep and once again sorry 4 my colourful language I used ystdy. Hope u all have a nice day cya soon buddies :) :) ;) ;0
09-16-2005 11:34 AM
0n1l1nk

35 / Male / –
I was having the same problem, but MSN 7.5 is not compatible with MSGPLUS's current version. I was getting error 80004005 and it woudl not connect me and I closed msgplus and bam it signed in right away.
09-17-2005 03:01 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
If you have problems with MSN you should report it to them, if the problem is with MSN, no forum member can help you. If you are running Plus! please disable or uninstall it as the new version is released 27th Sept
09-17-2005 03:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
If you have problems with MSN you should report it to them, if the problem is with MSN, no forum member can help you. If you are running Plus! please disable or uninstall it as the new version is released 27th Sept
Mhmm, bad explanation..sorry

Current Plus! isn't fully compatible with MSNM 7.5. If you still wish to run MSNM 7.5 then disable customnames in Plus! preferences (plus > preferences > contactlist > custom names). If besides Plus! you are using Stuffplug NG make sure you get the beta for MSNM 7.5 (oversized DPs cause these problems) at http://www.stuffplug.com wich is 95% compatible with MSNM 7.5 (only thing not working correctly is the ignore feature).

If you still wish to use customnames stick to MSNM 7.0.0816 till the new Plus! release at the 27th.

What is correct is that you should disable Plus! before reporting problems to Microsoft/MSN to find out wether it's Plus! causing it or MSNM itself.

This post was edited on 09-17-2005 at 04:17 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
09-17-2005 04:04 PM
ericzzz

hi my name is eirc ii have a fire wall and i turned it off my msn messenger still does not work what do i do 80048820
05-30-2006 09:17 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: