What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM Start-up Problem

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
WLM Start-up Problem
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: WLM Start-up Problem
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
quote:
Originally posted by Animal
your not using Plus 3.63 in WLM8 are you?  if so remove it, it wasnt designed for WLM
As Animal said, remove Messenger Plus! 3.63.

Messenger Plus! Live for WLM will be here soon :)
You don't need to remove 3.63.148 at all. In fact it was especially designed for it to run along side WLM (and/or with Plus! Live) and MSN Messenger 7.5.

The only true fact is that 3.63.148 will not hook into WLM; it will only hook into MSN Messenger 7.5 or lower. It does not interfear with WLM at all, in fact it reconizes it (but thus, it doesn't hook).

quote:
Originally posted by LoochTheMan
After restarting between installs, the WLM worked for a while.

However, once it did work, i had this problem:

Upon signing in, my contact list is empty. It says, "Your contact list doesn't have anyone on it. Click the Add button to start creating your list."

Above this under the "Find Contact Or Number.." bar, there is a message that reads, "Due to a connection problem, changes you make might not be applied to other computers you use."

If anyone has any idea on how to fix this, i would appreciate it.

Thanks.

That's quite normal and how WLM now works if there are problems with getting your contactlist from the servers.

WLM uses a locally cached contactlist whenever it can't connect to the servers to get your contactlist.

Since, apparently, you didn't have a locally cached contactlist (yet), nothing is shown. If contacts would have been shown, any change to the contactlist will only be stored locally on your computer. It will only be send once WLM can connect back to the servers. Hence why it says that any change will not be applied to other computers as long as there is no connection.

This post was edited on 06-10-2006 at 10:18 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-10-2006 10:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
LoochTheMan

= Su-Fi =

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: WLM Start-up Problem
With regards to my contact list; i was only able to sign in once and it was unable to load my contact list. It is still not letting my sign in at all as i get that error report message when i try.

As well, i am running a clean version of WLM. Those were the patches that i was running before i installed it. Prior to doing so, i uninstalled everything that was installed to modify my Msn. The WLM is running clean with no patches/add-ons to interfere, yet i still have the problem.

Thanks.

(I have been without MSN for 4 days and would appreciate some feedback to help me fix my problem)

This post was edited on 06-11-2006 at 09:37 PM by LoochTheMan.
[Image: dane_banner_01.gif]

"That Dane Cook Is A Silly Bitch"

06-10-2006 02:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: