What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live?

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live?
Author: Message:
The_Joker

TF

RE: RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live?
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
quote:
Originally posted by MX-G
when StuffPlug going to be released?

StuffPlug will no longer be a Plus! plug-in or script, so I think it's best to ask at the official site.

when it will be ready, i.e. there is no release date. :S

I (reluctantly) understand it won't come back, so can someone ELSE make the WON/WCN then?
(It will be better if SP will have it back but it seems like not matter how many (or should I say much *-)^o)) will ask it won't come back, so can anyone make an alternative?)

This post was edited on 06-20-2006 at 07:52 PM by The_Joker.
Messenger Plus! 3.61 unofficial Hebrew translator
Messenger Plus! Live unofficial Hebrew translator
06-20-2006 07:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live?
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
StuffPlug will no longer be a Plus! plug-in or script, so I think it's best to ask at the official site.

Even though it's won't be a Plug-in/script... it's still a common add-on for WLM/MSN and I'm sure we'll still get many questions about it here...
06-20-2006 07:52 PM
emeed

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by The_Joker
LOL, you just keep telling it isn't reliable...
I think people understand that but want this feature anyway (like me :P).

Just make a nice small Window Opened/Closed script :)
You can add a big warning/msg that it isn't reliable so people won't complain about false alerts.
It will save a lot of posts about "Bring back the WON!".

Indeed, I use it alot and it's unbelievable that it's denied to us because of some noobs. Now I have to install 2 addons. (atleast the first stuffplug integrated into plus)

Edit: Yeah k, apparently it's scrapped in stuffplug now to. I guess I should send my thanks to all morrons that just couldn't gasp the concept and all the anti-window notifier ppl.

This post was edited on 06-21-2006 at 08:00 PM by emeed.
06-21-2006 07:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by emeed
Indeed, I use it alot and it's unbelievable that it's denied to us because of some noobs. Now I have to install 2 addons. (atleast the first stuffplug integrated into plus)

Edit: Yeah k, apparently it's scrapped in stuffplug now to. I guess I should send my thanks to all morrons that just couldn't gasp the concept and all the anti-window notifier ppl.
Maybe you should read up on the reasons why it was removed. Seeing as though you aren't a "noob" nor a "moron" and all.

This post was edited on 06-22-2006 at 11:49 AM by linx05.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
06-22-2006 08:17 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
emeed

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by linx05
quote:

Maybe you should read up on the reasns why it was removed. Seeing as though you aren't a "noob" nor a "moron" and all.

It gives a msg everytime someone makes a connection. (for whatever reason) Tell me, what is there to not work about?
The reason it was removed is because ppl don't understand it isn't a window open notifier anymore. It's bigger. If you don't want ppl to constantly ask why their window open notifier doesn't work then don't call it a window open notifier.
It's the only reason I have stuffplug. That's one addon less to install. I guess that's a positive thing.

This post was edited on 06-22-2006 at 10:52 AM by emeed.
06-22-2006 10:44 AM
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
It gives a msg everytime someone makes a connection. (for whatever reason) Tell me, what is there to not work about?
You just answered your own question, it happens everytime someone (or something) makes a connection. Perhaps the wording should be changed to:

"There is a possibility that someone (more likely something) has made a deliberate (but its more likely to be routine) connection with you."
06-22-2006 11:47 AM
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
quote:
The reason it was removed is because ppl don't understand it isn't a window open notifier anymore. It's bigger. If you don't want ppl to constantly ask why their window open notifier doesn't work then don't call it a window open notifier.
It's the only reason I have stuffplug. That's one addon less to install. I guess that's a positive thing.
Install MessengerDiscovery Live if you are so intent on getting it back.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
06-22-2006 11:51 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
emeed

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
quote:
You just answered your own question, it happens everytime someone (or something) makes a connection. Perhaps the wording should be changed to:

"There is a possibility that someone (more likely something) has made a deliberate (but its more likely to be routine) connection with you."

Just "connection" is enough. I don't care how ppl call it or use it. I only want the feature. Regardles of what triggerd it.
It's not broken, it's mislabeld.

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
quote:
Install MessengerDiscovery Live if you are so intent on getting it back.

Msg+ is great, discovery is inferior. It would be alot of trouble for only that. I hope someone can script it in later.
06-22-2006 01:44 PM
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:

Just "connection" is enough. I don't care how ppl call it or use it. I only want the feature. Regardles of what triggerd it.
It's not broken, it's mislabeld.
If you don't mind my asking then, what do you use it for if you know it doesn't work properly?
06-22-2006 01:49 PM
The_Joker

TF

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
If you don't mind my asking then, what do you use it for if you know it doesn't work properly?

1. Some people still use 6.2, so it's reliable (I can point some contacts that I never had a false alert from them).
2. For does who don't have a DP it's reliable too (not me :P).
3. It can be used as a block/offline checker.

[offtopic]
PS: speaking of versions (6.2), will MP!L show contacts' MSNM/WLM version like MDX/MDL does?
Or should I suggest that?
(EDIT: Too damn much abbreviations)
[/offtopic]

This post was edited on 06-22-2006 at 03:10 PM by The_Joker.
Messenger Plus! 3.61 unofficial Hebrew translator
Messenger Plus! Live unofficial Hebrew translator
06-22-2006 03:06 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: