What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Messenger Plus! Live Official Forum Charity

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
Messenger Plus! Live Official Forum Charity
Author: Message:
xJ +

A$$ple/Buttple xD

117 / Other / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Official Forum Charity
Does it always have to pay via credit/debit card and paypal? Unfortunately, I can't donate, as I don't even have a single one. :(
06-25-2006 12:35 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I will be happy to donate and spread the word. Just ashame I only have £0.63 in paypal at the moment. If you want it, it's yours :P.
06-25-2006 12:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
The same thread again? Last time we didnt have any donations cause ideas were being made right?
I would donate but it'd probably not be as much after the conversion :P Plus paypal doesnt work here and i dont have a CC so if anyone has an idea then let me know :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
06-25-2006 12:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Max

34 / Male / –
So we can't be sued by some lowlife who thinks we are stealing money from them, I think it might be a good idea to register the site with the charity commission.
06-25-2006 12:47 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Live Official Forum Charity
I think you'll find that this forum isn't the charity, therefore we don't need to register with any charity commision. I'm positive that even if they did try and sue, they wouldn't win. I think you may've misread the website.

We've already made $60 (usd) which is great, so we're over a tenth of the way there :p.
06-25-2006 07:32 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live Official Forum Charity
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Any suggestions etc. please PM me or menthix regarding it :).
Idea is excellent and I will donate.

However:

1) Paypal accounts have been closed (without any refund!!!!) in the past for the reason that paypal though it was a scam of some kind seeing that many 'strangers' suddenly started to put money on a single account. I strongly advise to contact paypal and to get more information/advise so they don't close this account.

2) Why should everything be a competition? Especially for something like this? I certainly do not agree upon "he who donates the most gets a price".... This doesn't only goe against the idea of charity in general. It is also very discriminating to the people who can't donate that much or not at all. 10$ might seem very little for some people, while it will be a month's allowence of somebody else!!!! Please do not turn this into a competition and drop the idea of that t-shirt.

This post was edited on 06-25-2006 at 08:27 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-25-2006 08:13 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Live Official Forum Charity
Okay, I will contact Paypal about the website now and the paypal account now.

As for the second point, I see what you mean... Instead of the highest donator winning something, anybody who donates can get the t-shirt. They will be selected randomly when the total is reached.
06-25-2006 08:18 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
As for the second point, I see what you mean... Instead of the highest donator winning something, anybody who donates can get the t-shirt. They will be selected randomly when the total is reached.
much better....

--------------

suggestions:

3) Change the used currency on the paypal account to the more universal US dollars (if possible)

4) Verify your paypal account.

--------------

Question:
Who actually has access to the paypal account? In things like this it is better to have a few trusted (by everyone) people having access (you, patchou, chris, trekkie, ...). Eg: so they can't accuse you from withholding money etc... (it's the same way as with bankaccounts of companies: it are always several people who has access to them; no matter if they all are close friends or not. It's just safer for both you and the rest)

I just donated

This post was edited on 06-25-2006 at 08:34 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-25-2006 08:28 PM
Reload2

-> The second Reload <-

31 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
2) Why should everything be a competition? Especially for something like this? I certainly do not agree upon "he who donates the most gets a price".... This doesn't only goe against the idea of charity in general. It is also very discriminating to the people who can't donate that much or not at all. 10$ might seem very little for some people, while it will be a month's allowence of somebody else!!!! Please do not turn this into a competition and drop the idea of that t-shirt.

I agree. I remember a story happened to Jesus. He saw a lot of people throwing coins into the treasury chests of a synagogue. But then he then saw a poor widow who throwed two smalls coins of very little value. So Jesus said to his disciples: "This poor widow dropped more than everyone else because they all dropped their surplus, but she dropped all she had for living...."

Moral of the story: There shouldn't be price for the one who donated the more, but the important is to donate what we can afford. I would donate if I had a Paypal account and money in it...

This post was edited on 06-25-2006 at 08:40 PM by Reload2.
06-25-2006 08:34 PM
gif83

41 / Male / Flag
will the charity that donations go to be put up as a vote after suggestions have been made? Is there anyone that gets a final say?
06-25-2006 08:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: