What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [release] Music now playing

Pages: (70): « First « 59 60 61 62 [ 63 ] 64 65 66 67 » Last »
2 votes - 5 average   [release] Music now playing
Author: Message:
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: [release] Music now playing
* John Anderton pets poor dt

People should be a bit more considerate towards script developers and skinners. Contributing to the community gives them nothing. They do it in their free time and this should be respected. So when they are busy IRL, you shouldn't really push them.
If it really irks you that much, you could edit scripts yourself :P I mean, you *can* see the source. gogogo :P

I'm just saying this on behalf of every scripter and skinner not just on this community, but for every community out there. Those of us who know how much work this takes, appreciate it. People have lives. Start writing code yourself or live with it. :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
01-24-2009 02:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
UbelBlatt

RE: RE: [release] Music now playing
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
* John Anderton pets poor dt

People should be a bit more considerate towards script developers and skinners. Contributing to the community gives them nothing. They do it in their free time and this should be respected. So when they are busy IRL, you shouldn't really push them.
If it really irks you that much, you could edit scripts yourself :P I mean, you *can* see the source. gogogo :P

I'm just saying this on behalf of every scripter and skinner not just on this community, but for every community out there. Those of us who know how much work this takes, appreciate it. People have lives. Start writing code yourself or live with it. :)

I agree. If people want it so bad do it themselves. If they don't know how well then I suppose learn, or wait. As stated these people do this for free, and I'd never do it for a bunch of whiners so he's obviously a lot nicer then I'd ever be. So the moral of the story is wait, it's not as if you will die if your music does not display in your contact list even so you can use A-patch to have it be shown for the time being. Just disable the "PSM" option on now playing and you can still use it's other features. At least with Winamp I don't use any other player so I don't know.
01-25-2009 05:07 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
roflmao456
Skinning Contest Winner

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by IveBut
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:
Doesn't work with WLM2009,
the current song isn't displayed in the contact list.
Update coming soon?!?
It is working on my WMP 11&WLM 2009 like a charm :S How yours doesn't work?!

probably because you don't have your own contact in the contact list, or you don't have any contact using this script... the current song is correctly displayed in psm and in the conversation window, but not in the contact list.

It is visible for the 8.5 users. WLM 2009 in the contactlist ONLY shows the "artist" and "title" params instead of the "format" param.

The format param will be useless once 8.5 gets force-updated.

This post was edited on 01-25-2009 at 06:50 AM by roflmao456.
[quote]
Ultimatess6
: What a noob mod
01-25-2009 05:29 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [release] Music now playing
quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:
Doesn't work with WLM2009,
the current song isn't displayed in the contact list.
Update coming soon?!?
It is working on my WMP 11&WLM 2009 like a charm :S How yours doesn't work?!

probably because you don't have your own contact in the contact list, or you don't have any contact using this script... the current song is correctly displayed in psm and in the conversation window, but not in the contact list.

It is visible for the 8.5 users. WLM 2009 in the contactlist ONLY shows the "artist" and "title" params instead of the "format" param.

The format param will be useless once 8.5 gets force-updated.
it also automagicly grabs the song from winamp
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
01-25-2009 09:23 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
I didn't read all 5 pages (75 posts per page...), but is it normal not working correctly with iTunes 8?
(When a sontact uses !sendsong, it sends the wrong file, for example)
[Image: Empty.png]
01-27-2009 05:19 PM
FineWolf

Space Artist

– / Male / Flag
For those wanting a quick fix for WLM9, change line 237 of main.js to:

code:
setNowPlaying(true, "Music", "{0} - {1}", player.CurrentTrack().Title, player.CurrentTrack().Artist);

Note that this doesn't allow for custom formatting and just displays the default following:

Title - Artist

This post was edited on 02-05-2009 at 06:55 PM by FineWolf.
[Image: spacesigkj4.png]
02-05-2009 06:53 PM
adventurier

studying Electrical Engineering...

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by FineWolf
setNowPlaying(true, "Music", "{0} - {1}", player.CurrentTrack().Title, player.CurrentTrack().Artist);
i changed that line but nothing... it doesn't write the song or the title in the contacts window, then i deactivate the option "show what i'am listetng to" then i activate it again but then it doesn't show nothing like in the next pix
sorry 4 my bad english :$
[Image: nwplayingoa8.th.jpg]

it will be realesed soon a version that will be compatible wiz the new WLM9 ?

thnx
02-06-2009 02:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Mizery_Made

36 / Male / Flag
Your problem seems to be something other than this fix, because with or without this fix, it should be showing up at the top if it's set up properly. The "bug" only effects it showing up in the contact list.

I've made the change in my script (though I altered it to show Artist - Title), and it's been working fine.

Only trouble I've seen, it no longer removes the song when you've got it paused for a long period of time (with MediaMonkey at least) as I've had my player paused for at least an hour and a half and it's still showing the song I was listening to in the Contact List and up at the top. I can't remember if it was doing this before the script change, but that's because I had PSM disabled since it didn't work.

Perhaps you need to chech the options in the script to make sure you have it set up for Winamp?
Tech N9ne/Tek Nin - Noun:
Unparalled master of rhyme, scientific blend of technique and numerology

[Image: banner234x60.jpg]
02-06-2009 02:38 AM
adventurier

studying Electrical Engineering...

33 / Male / Flag
ok evyrthin is ok now :D
b4re making the prev scrnshot i disinstalling w re-installing the script so (by default) the option in the script"Enable updating your personal msg 2 ur current song" was disabled

thnx mizery & finewolf
02-06-2009 03:06 AM
davidpolitis

RE: RE: [release] Music now playing
quote:
Originally posted by adventurier
ok evyrthin is ok now :D
b4re making the prev scrnshot i disinstalling w re-installing the script so (by default) the option in the script"Enable updating your personal msg 2 ur current song" was disabled

thnx mizery & finewolf
In English...?
02-06-2009 05:07 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (70): « First « 59 60 61 62 [ 63 ] 64 65 66 67 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: