What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Old Contact Definitions

Old Contact Definitions
Author: Message:
Kasra

O.P. Old Contact Definitions
I was just wondering where all of my old contact definitions went when I installed the new plus live! 4.00... I really liked when I could see exactly how many days it had been since I had last talked to some of my contacts. I would also like to know where they've gone and if it's possible to get them back somehow, seeing as how I don't want to start all over again with the contact info such as the # of days.

Thanks

~Kas
06-25-2006 03:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
RE: Old Contact Definitions
Hello Kasra,
I'm aware that you are talking about the custom names feature of Plus!. However, the feature is not availble in Plus! Live (to avoid redundency, since WLM has it by itself). I'm sorry, but you might have to rename the contacts in WLM by yourself :(
06-25-2006 03:20 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Kasra

O.P. RE: Old Contact Definitions
Thanks for the quick reply. However, although my contact list renames were important, what is more important is the contact information such as the number of days that I last spoke to my contacts. Is there any way that I could get those implanted into the new plus! life 4.00 rather than starting all over again?
06-25-2006 03:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
RE: Old Contact Definitions
There's currently no quick way or a tool to do this. Allow me to explain why:
The old custom names from Plus! are stored encrypted in your computer. Only Patchou, the developer of Plus!, knows the algorithm of the encryption. Therefore, it is unlikely that someone but Patchou can create a tool to import the old custom names from Plus! 3 to WLM. :)
06-25-2006 03:25 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: