What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » log files in Chinese cannot be displayed

log files in Chinese cannot be displayed
Author: Message:
xliz

O.P. log files in Chinese cannot be displayed
I have used msg plus! for more than a year, and at the very beginning, I used MSN Messenger 7.5 + plus 3.5, and I guessed I stored all log files with ANSI/MBCS format. After I switched to MSN 8.0 + plus 4.0, I noticed that all the log files which contain Simplied Chinese characters cannot be displayed properly. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

Thanks!

[Image: untitled4nv.gif]

This post was edited on 06-25-2006 at 05:51 AM by xliz.
06-25-2006 05:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: log files in Chinese cannot be displayed
Can you tell us what the problem is exactly in your screenshot? (appart from the misalignement, this is caused by the font used by Internet Explorer).
[Image: signature2.gif]
06-25-2006 06:20 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
xliz

O.P. RE: log files in Chinese cannot be displayed
Sorry for the unclear question above..

Two different encodings are currently used in displaying Chinese characters, GB (Mainland China) and Big-5 (HK and Taiwan). If a character in one particular Chinese encoding is displayed using the other one, then it will not be displayed correctly.

For example, a paragraph which is encoded by GB, when it is displayed with GB encoding, then you will see the correct display:
[Image: 017ss.gif]

if it is displayed with Big-5, then the following one will be shown, and it doesn't make any sense:
[Image: 028ul.gif]

What I am experiencing is quite similar to the above problem, so I believe it has something to do with the encodings, GB, Big-5, ANSI and Unicode etc.
06-25-2006 06:38 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: