What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Flashing/Blinking Windows

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Flashing/Blinking Windows
Author: Message:
borofan1986

36 / Male / –
O.P. Flashing/Blinking Windows
For some reason the conversation windows located on the start bar are not flashing when someone types a message to me. I wondered if the tabbed browsing might make a difference, though still no flashing.

Any ideas as to why there is no notification as to a message?

Thanks in advance

borofan1986

Just to add, I have found out that there is NO such problem, when I log on to another account on the same computer.

Im therefore assuming that it is something to do with my account and the files etc associated with my account on this computer.

Anyone having a similar problem or could give me any help?

Thanks
06-25-2006 11:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ChromeX

X

40 / Male / Flag
RE: Flashing/Blinking Windows
the problem was persisting even without a plus? if so, it's your pc problem, not the plus' :)
06-25-2006 01:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
borofan1986

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Flashing/Blinking Windows
The problem is with MsgPlusLive, as this never happened beofre today and there is no such problem on any other messenger account on the computer.

As this problem is not present on other WLM account, i assume that it is something specific to mine

Hope this is made a little clearer :)
06-25-2006 01:30 PM
borofan1986

36 / Male / –
Anyone having similar problems?

I still find it strange as this problem is only occuring on my account and not other people's on the computer.

Can anyone shed some light on some solution?
06-25-2006 03:51 PM
VProg

Virtual Prog Owner

34 / Male / –
RE: RE: Flashing/Blinking Windows
quote:
Originally posted by borofan1986
Anyone having similar problems?

I still find it strange as this problem is only occuring on my account and not other people's on the computer.

Can anyone shed some light on some solution?

Yes, and it is VERY annoying. Do you have a colored nickname or anything else tampered with your nickname? That is the only idea I can come up with!

This post was edited on 06-26-2006 at 04:11 AM by VProg.
06-26-2006 04:11 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: Flashing/Blinking Windows
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61286

That is very similar, and maybe it could help.
06-26-2006 04:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
borofan1986

36 / Male / –
Thanks UTI, I have looked on the thread, though the fact that my windows aren't even flashing in the first place is mainly the problem; though the help much appreciated.

VProg: I haven't altered my nick nor have any colours, but the suggestion is much welcomed.

The frustration is that people are waiting for a reply, yet are waiting a long time as I just do not know that they have continued the conversation with me.

Interestingly enough, I noticed that when a contact has spoken to me and the window is NOT flashing, it begins to flash when i access the 'Plus!' tab on the main WLM window. Don't know if that sheds further light, but interesting nonetheless.

May I just say, however, that despite this little problem, Plus! is a fantastic add on, that I hope to continue enjoying :)

If anyone could help me further I would greatly appreciate it, oh and is anyone else having this problem, or is it just me ^o)
06-26-2006 07:30 AM
VProg

Virtual Prog Owner

34 / Male / –
RE: RE: Flashing/Blinking Windows
quote:
Originally posted by borofan1986
Thanks UTI, I have looked on the thread, though the fact that my windows aren't even flashing in the first place is mainly the problem; though the help much appreciated.

VProg: I haven't altered my nick nor have any colours, but the suggestion is much welcomed.

The frustration is that people are waiting for a reply, yet are waiting a long time as I just do not know that they have continued the conversation with me.

Interestingly enough, I noticed that when a contact has spoken to me and the window is NOT flashing, it begins to flash when i access the 'Plus!' tab on the main WLM window. Don't know if that sheds further light, but interesting nonetheless.

May I just say, however, that despite this little problem, Plus! is a fantastic add on, that I hope to continue enjoying :)

If anyone could help me further I would greatly appreciate it, oh and is anyone else having this problem, or is it just me ^o)

You have to read my post above. I am experiencing the same thing!
06-26-2006 04:26 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
borofan1986

36 / Male / –
Apologies VProg, I mis-read your earlier post.

So I take it that your problem is still occuring? Out of interest VProg what OS are you running on?

Anyone have any ideas on how to ressurect the problem?
06-27-2006 12:41 PM
borofan1986

36 / Male / –
I have at LAST identifed the problem.

The problem lies in tabbed conversations. When I am using them the window does not flash at all, even if there is only one conversation window present.

I turned the Tabbed Chat off, and the windows began flashing again on the taskbar.

VProg, try taking tabbed chats off and see if the flashing returns.

At last I have my flashing back! (that sounds wrong :$) Though at the expense of tabbed chats. Well i can't have everything. :)
06-27-2006 05:26 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: