What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Chat Log Viewer

Chat Log Viewer
Author: Message:
Malmis

O.P. Chat Log Viewer
When i try to view a big logfile in the chat log viewer it's very slow, i can't understand why it's so slow to read from a plain text file?
Even Notepad is faster and shows the file directly when i open it.
I think u need to fix this.. it's not so fun to wait 3-4min for 1 logfile to be fully opened..
06-25-2006 09:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Chat Log Viewer
well, the problem is that notepad is indeed much faster to open text files than Internet Explorer. Can you tell me wha'ts the language included in your log? so far, I've only heard problems with rtl languages such as Arabic or Hebrew.
[Image: signature2.gif]
06-25-2006 10:04 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Malmis

O.P. RE: RE: Chat Log Viewer
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
well, the problem is that notepad is indeed much faster to open text files than Internet Explorer. Can you tell me wha'ts the language included in your log? so far, I've only heard problems with rtl languages such as Arabic or Hebrew.

the language is Swedish, why can't u make so it will open xml with IE and plaintext with notepad or something like that?
06-25-2006 10:13 PM
hitt

RE: Chat Log Viewer
well, i have the same problem, i want see the older conversations that are too long, but i cant =/..my instalation is in spanish, i just want to copy some parts of this conversations but i can, it go too slower, who can tell me how to open this logs on the older way (with notepad) or make that the chat log viewer go faster..plz help, i dont want to loose that value old information..=)
06-25-2006 10:17 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: