What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Redirect msgplus.net to msgpluslive.net ?

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Redirect msgplus.net to msgpluslive.net ?
Author: Message:
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Redirect msgplus.net to msgpluslive.net ?
quote:
Originally posted by ValSpy
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

bha.. if it makes you happy, I'll keep some of the old help pages on the old server :P

Why not just copy all the help pages to msgpluslive.net and then do some .htaccess editing so that when someone trys to access the old help files it redirects to the ones at msgpluslive.net?
Now that I think of it (besides being too much hassle for an old version :P) it might be confusing for old, outdated help to be within the new design of the site... although it would be more coherent. (to have msgpluslive.net/download/old/help/faq/ etc.)
06-27-2006 05:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Just came across a post that made me want to bump this thread up: Messenger Plus on Windows Live Messenger.

Could a solution be to redirect the old site (homepage only) automaticly to the new site and then have a link on the new site to the tutorials/feature listings for Plus!3?

If not that then atleast the new site should get a mention/link on the "old" one as people seem to remember/go to the old one to look for a versions for Windows Live Messenger.

This post was edited on 07-10-2006 at 12:52 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
07-10-2006 12:50 PM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Just came across a post that made me want to bump this thread up: Messenger Plus on Windows Live Messenger.

Could a solution be to redirect the old site (homepage only) automaticly to the new site and then have a link on the new site to the tutorials/feature listings for Plus!3?

If not that then atleast the new site should get a mention/link on the "old" one as people seem to remember/go to the old one to look for a versions for Windows Live Messenger.
* Guido agrees
07-10-2006 06:40 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Redirect msgplus.net to msgpluslive.net ?
If you redirect http://msgplus.net/, then also redirect http://msgplus.net/download.php. Because a lot of external sites seem to link directly to the download page.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
07-10-2006 07:44 PM
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
I ddidn't want to bother Patchou with this by mail, but shouldn't msgplus.net redirect to msgpluslive.net so people actually end up on the new site? Right now users need to read the newspost and than click the link before they can discover the new site and Plus! Live. I can imagine quite a lot of users don't read the news and go directly to the download section (on msgplus.net) to see if there is a new version yet.

Of course a little link/text should be added on msgpluslive.net about the 3.xx version for people who are using pre-XP or non-Live Messenger, so they cant still download too. But other than that I don't see why people don't get redirected to the new site.

Maybe for a download page you could have a script to detect whether a user is using Pre-XP, and if so automatically install MsgPlus! 3.6x when trying to install? Maybe the same for any online documentation? Not sure how well this will work, so is just a thought.

~Salem(@)
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
07-10-2006 09:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Redirect msgplus.net to msgpluslive.net ?
No, People can have Windows XP and still want to use MSN 7.5 + Plus! 3.xx... that's their choice.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
07-10-2006 09:44 PM
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Redirect msgplus.net to msgpluslive.net ?
quote:
No, People can have Windows XP and still want to use MSN 7.5 + Plus! 3.xx... that's their choice.

Yeh, true, you have a point there. Didn't even think about that:P

~Salem(@)
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
07-11-2006 07:52 AM
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
Wouldnt it be better if the the wording for the entire Help section be kept the same, and the section to be moved to http://www.msgpluslive.net and to have the new website's template?
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6554 days, 29 minutes, 36 seconds ago.

07-11-2006 12:09 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
davidb92

Everyone should be using WLM by now anyway, people who aren't should be upgraded (like a plus-style "There is a new version" window) to WLM. And I think you should just delete the old site.
07-16-2006 06:58 PM
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
quote:
now anyway, people who aren't should be upgraded (like a plus-style "There is a new version" window) to WLM. And I think
Yes, I agree, but those pages should still be on the msgpluslive.net site, and not the old. It could just be a little notice on the download page.. :)
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
07-16-2006 07:04 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: