What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Tabbed chat BUG.

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Tabbed chat BUG.
Author: Message:
smn

O.P. Tabbed chat BUG.
After I add a nickname to a contact, the chat window can show the nickname specified by me correctly if window is not tabbed.

But if it's tabbed, the tab will show the original contact name not that one specified by me. I think it'd be a BUG.

Secondly, I want a new feature, let user choose whether or not show contact email account on chat window. Thank you very much for your attention! I like this software.
06-27-2006 03:46 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Grue

– / Male / –
RE: Tabbed chat BUG.
quote:
Originally posted by smn
After I add a nickname to a contact, the chat window can show the nickname specified by me correctly if window is not tabbed.

But if it's tabbed, the tab will show the original contact name not that one specified by me. I think it'd be a BUG.

Its not a bug yet a limitation. As far as I know there is no way for Messenger Plus to get the nickname you specified in WLM so therefore it cannot be displayed on Msg Plus's tabs.
06-27-2006 03:52 AM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Grue
Its not a bug yet a limitation. As far as I know there is no way for Messenger Plus to get the nickname you specified in WLM so therefore it cannot be displayed on Msg Plus's tabs.

At this stage yes that is correct. :)
Segosa is newb.
06-27-2006 05:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tordne

Even if you have set a Nick Name in Messenger Live Plus that name is still not used on the Tabbed Chat :(

IMO if a Nick Name has been set it should be used on the Tabbed Chat..  Enhancement please :)
06-28-2006 04:37 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
I swear if one more person reports this as a 'bug', then wants it 'fixed', I'm gonna scream.

I'll say this one more time: When Patchou can retrieve the nicknames, he'll use them!
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-28-2006 11:25 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Dommedagsprofet

35 / Male / –
But then again it's strange that he dropped the feature of custom nicknames in Plus! itself, as it then actually is in the palm of Plus! and could be put in the tabs and other places of interest? I forgot, was this possible in the last version of Plus! and 7.5?

BTW, how's the "cooperation" between Microsoft and Patchou if they couldn't agree on this one?
06-28-2006 05:56 PM
Tordne

There appears to be a Nick Name in Messenger Live, and a Nickname in Live Plus!

So given that the Nickname is a Live Plus! addition and field then that should be able to be displayed on the Tabs without to much issue.
06-28-2006 06:40 PM
Dommedagsprofet

35 / Male / –
Isn't the nickname feature in Live only in the main program and not in Live Plus!? I mean, yes, you can add your own colors and stuff, but that's the only interfering from Plus! side... For example, when I added custom nicknames on one computer, they followed me to another computer. So that's only in the main program, and the problem seems to be that it's hard retrieving the nicknames from Live to Plus!.
06-28-2006 08:02 PM
Tordne

To me it looks that the Nick Name is a Messenger Live feature, and like you say follows you from computer to computer.

The Nickname (notice no space) seems to be a Live Plus! feature.  I am also using Desktop Contacts and originally they had the Messenger Live name (not the Nick Name).

So I right clicked on the Desktop Contact and clicked "Set Nickname..." and entered the name I wanted shown.

This is why I think that the Live Plus "Nickname" should be able to be displayed on the Tabbed Chats.

Don't get me wrong.  I absolutely love this Live Plus!  This will just round it out that little bit.

I am also hanging out for the new Screen Scot Sender script, that will be awesome too!
06-28-2006 09:42 PM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
Messenger Plus! Live has no "Nickname"/"Rename Contacts" feature. It was not added as Windows Live Messenger now has this feature (albeit it very limited).

Patchou may add it back in a future version if Microsoft don't improve their own custom names feature.
Segosa is newb.
06-28-2006 09:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: