What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » email sound

email sound
Author: Message:
spanky6556

Its A Bird Its APlain NoIts Superman

34 / Male / –
O.P. email sound
is there any way i can get plus to play a different sound when i receive an email from a certain person like i can if the sign in?
thanks for the halp
God Bless You
SPANKY
02-21-2007 02:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: email sound
No. What the POP3 feature of Plus! does is contacting your POP3 provider and requesting the current unread email count, nothing more. So it doesn't even have a notion of who send the emails or even what the subjects are.

Todo what you want I suggest to either look at the massive amount of (free) POP3 notifiers on the net which are made as dedicated tools and thus will most likely offer far more features than the basic POP3 notification in Plus!, or either you need to write a script which does this all.

But as far as such a script goes, why reinventing the wheel while there are already hundreds POP3 notifiers on the net which do what you want (and probably more) ;)

Google is your friend...

;)

This post was edited on 02-21-2007 at 02:24 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-21-2007 02:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
spanky6556

34 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: email sound
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
No. What the POP3 feature of Plus! does is contacting your POP3 provider and requesting the current unread email count, nothing more. So it doesn't even have a notion of who send the emails or even what the subjects are.

Todo what you want I suggest to either look at the massive amount of (free) POP3 notifiers on the net which are made as dedicated tools and thus will most likely offer far more features than the basic POP3 notification in Plus!, or either you need to write a script which does this all.

But as far as such a script goes, why reinventing the wheel while there are already hundreds POP3 notifiers on the net which do what you want (and probably more) ;)

Google is your friend...

;)

i am still using my hotmail email and when you get an email it pops up and says who sentt it tho
thanks for the halp
God Bless You
SPANKY
02-21-2007 02:35 AM
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
RE: email sound
quote:
Originally posted by spanky6556
hotmail email
That's the key word. Hotmail (Windows Live Mail) and MSN (Windows Live) Messenger are all by Microsoft. So obviously, wouldn't it make sense for them, Microsoft, to integrate them to form better services? Gmail is by Google. MSN (Live) Search is by Microsoft. Competitors? Sure are! Why make people using other things easier when they can use theirs?

This is no rocket science. It's common sense.

This post was edited on 02-21-2007 at 02:45 AM by Nagamasa.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6554 days, 18 hours, 13 minutes, 3 seconds ago.

02-21-2007 02:45 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
spanky6556

34 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: email sound
quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
That's the key word. Hotmail (Windows Live Mail) and MSN (Windows Live) Messenger are all by Microsoft. So obviously, wouldn't it make sense for them, Microsoft, to integrate them to form better services? Gmail is by Google. MSN (Live) Search is by Microsoft. Competitors? Sure are! Why make people using other things easier when they can use theirs?

This is no rocket science. It's common sense.

umm call me stupid but does that anwser my question?
thanks for the halp
God Bless You
SPANKY
02-21-2007 03:13 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: