What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Rename Contact = Irony?

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
Rename Contact = Irony?
Author: Message:
Luised

– / Male / –
RE: Rename Contact = Irony?
I don't see any problems in there... You just have to rename all (or not) your contacts ONE ONLY TIME. After this, you can export your contact list directly in WLM. What's the problem? MsgPlus don't need to have this "big" feature...

BUT, if Microsoft doesn't improve the rename contact feature soon, it would be nice if it could be added to MsgPlus. At least, some functions for customize the nickname, like bold, italic or color.
07-11-2006 12:32 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Luised
At least, some functions for customize the nickname, like bold, italic or color.

You can add things like bold and italic and colour using the appropiate tags inside the wlm rename feature...
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
07-11-2006 12:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Luised

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Rename Contact = Irony?
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
You can add things like bold and italic and colour using the appropiate tags inside the wlm rename feature...

This is interesting, but I would like to add bold, italic or colour but NOT change the name. And I don't think it's possible...
I hope you understand me...

This post was edited on 07-11-2006 at 12:41 AM by Luised.
07-11-2006 12:40 AM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
Oh, you are right :P
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
07-11-2006 12:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Luised

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Rename Contact = Irony?
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
Oh, you are right :P

I think it was possible in Messenger Plus 3.x, that's why I said that. :)
07-11-2006 12:45 AM
nikosATH

– / Male / –
I just can't believe how some people don't take seriously the fact that not everyone has the time to copy/paste 200 or 500 contacts just because an UNTHOUGHTFULL programmer "chose to leave out a feature he thought was not a priority"!!!!
If exporting ALL your contacts and settings in the process of upgrading a program is not an A PRIORITY really I don't see what it is... just imagine what would happen if for example Microsoft updated IE and "left out" our bookmarks, or Outlook and thought our address list is "not a priority"....
You people have done exactly this same thing... Many of us heavy MSN users who have multiple accounts with hundreds of names renamed at this point would PAY (if we could) just to get out of this problem... so much for trusting a "third party free program" - you give this term a bad name
07-11-2006 08:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
just imagine what would happen if someone had to remember the names of their contacts!
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
07-11-2006 08:52 AM
ayjay

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by nikosATH
I just can't believe how some people don't take seriously the fact that not everyone has the time to copy/paste 200 or 500 contacts just because an UNTHOUGHTFULL programmer "chose to leave out a feature he thought was not a priority"!!!!
If exporting ALL your contacts and settings in the process of upgrading a program is not an A PRIORITY really I don't see what it is... just imagine what would happen if for example Microsoft updated IE and "left out" our bookmarks, or Outlook and thought our address list is "not a priority"....
You people have done exactly this same thing... Many of us heavy MSN users who have multiple accounts with hundreds of names renamed at this point would PAY (if we could) just to get out of this problem... so much for trusting a "third party free program" - you give this term a bad name

Well here's a plan. Why not make a third party program yourself if they're so great that can export/import the contacts. Problem solved! :D
07-11-2006 08:52 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Patchou is far from unthoughtful. He had to make some big decisions so he could get MP!L out soon after the WLM final release. If a few features got the chop as a result, it was the lesser of two evils. No-one underestimates the popularity of the old Custom Contact Names, and as been said dozens of times already, if the WLM Nicknames feature doesn't improve, expect to see at least a partial return of Custom Names.

Note: I say 'partial' because all that's needed is support for tags, and the removal of the nickname length limit.

This post was edited on 07-11-2006 at 09:01 AM by RaceProUK.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-11-2006 09:01 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
because an UNTHOUGHTFULL programmer "chose to leave out a feature he thought was not a priority"
I'm sorry to say this, but it is pretty UNTHOUGHTFULL from you if you really rely this badly on freeware software...

The EULA which you agree on while installing clearly states "MESSENGER PLUS! LIVE AND ITS SPONSOR PROGRAM ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITH NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER". Sure it would have been nice if the feature was still here in the first 4.0 release, but there is not much you can do against it when it isn't there.

If you want to be sure of things, then pay somebody to write software for you and make a contract that guarantees something will keep on being available and working.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
07-11-2006 09:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: