What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [request] Flashing Keyboard LED's when message received

Pages: (10): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] Last »
[request] Flashing Keyboard LED's when message received
Author: Message:
RudeYute

38 / Male / –
RE: [request] Flashing Keyboard LED's when message received
Yep, its definitely caused by the script - I have found that activating scroll lock and disabling it again sorts the problem - so maybe it can be added to the script somehow (not sure as it only causes me a problem and not sure it'd help).
07-02-2006 11:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
LilBenji

Hey, Great Script!!

BUt I have a suggestion ... can you implement a function that turn off the leds after a time cause i dont shut down and do not close the messenger while I sleep and while i'm away... and someone always talk to you when you not there ;) ..
so to do not kill the Keyboard leds so easily can you implement the funcion to set a timer when stop blinking the leds. Or the possible to set a time range where the script is disabled automaticcly. Like from 00:00 to 06.00.

And a other suggestion like a other guy has requested with logitech keyboards that do not have the scroll lock key. But theres a Function Key that can be used.

That's all

THX . .
Benji
07-03-2006 11:06 PM
DarkRaider

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: [request] Flashing Keyboard LED's when message received
quote:
Originally posted by LilBenji
BUt I have a suggestion ... can you implement a function that turn off the leds after a time cause i dont shut down and do not close the messenger while I sleep and while i'm away... and someone always talk to you when you not there ;) ..
so to do not kill the Keyboard leds so easily can you implement the funcion to set a timer when stop blinking the leds. Or the possible to set a time range where the script is disabled automaticcly. Like from 00:00 to 06.00.

Well, it's only a small script. I didn't intend to create a lot of extra functions on it.. and i think i've added most needed options..
When you leave your pc, you can turn the script off, or just set the script to work when you are in a certain status.
You can also edit the script yourself and add that function ;)

quote:
And a other suggestion like a other guy has requested with logitech keyboards that do not have the scroll lock key. But theres a Function Key that can be used.

If you could give me the keycode (number) of the fn button, I can easily add this :)
I'll see if there are other (small) things I can add..

@RudeYute
You seem to be the only one with this problem..*-)
Maybe it's better that you personalize your script a bit.. Just add the lines of code, where the script flashes the scroll lock, once in your initialize function.. I hope that that works :)
07-04-2006 12:29 PM
DarkFox

A really cool thing would be alternating LEDs (like the key flasher plugin for trillian)
07-05-2006 09:59 PM
RudeYute

38 / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: [request] Flashing Keyboard LED's when message received
quote:
Originally posted by DarkRaider
@RudeYute
You seem to be the only one with this problem..*-)
Maybe it's better that you personalize your script a bit.. Just add the lines of code, where the script flashes the scroll lock, once in your initialize function.. I hope that that works :)

Thanks, will probably have a look at editing it when I get a chance, but for now have it disabled.  It's wierd, as sometimes when I switch scroll lock on, it doesn't actually come on, but the second time I do it it does (hope that makes sense).

@DarkFox
Mine sometimes does lol... thing is, I couldn't work out when they are alternating and when they flash together.
07-05-2006 10:57 PM
P4R4D0x

quote:
Originally posted by J-Thread

Also keep in mind that the method described above will influence the response of the keyboard. It doesn't really flash the lights, but instead it turns num-lock on & off, and that's causing the LED's to flash.

Yes, when I have this enabled I can't use caps lock and so forth...
07-15-2006 12:52 AM
DarkRaider

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [request] Flashing Keyboard LED's when message received
I've released the script..
If there are any other questions or remarks, make them here:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=63303

This topic can be closed
07-15-2006 10:12 AM
Pages: (10): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] Last »