What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » personal message issues

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
personal message issues
Author: Message:
helpseeker

O.P. personal message issues
[font=Tahoma]How come I keep seeing personal messages (even song information as a personal message) from my contact that has deleted me from his contact list?

'Cause I thought only your contacts can see your personal message, not those that you've deleted from your contact list, and not those you have on the allow list? Can someone please explain how this contact coud have deleted from his contact list  but keeps letting me see his personal messages?

Thank you
07-01-2006 04:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Reload2

-> The second Reload <-

31 / Male / –
RE: personal message issues
Well if I understand your question, you mean that the other person deleted you but you can still see that person's personal message? Well that's normal. You can still see that person's nickname, personal message if you're not in his contact list at least you are blocked.
07-01-2006 04:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
Even if he deletes you, doesn't mean that he have blocked you.
If he blocks you, then you will not know if he's on or off. Ergo, u can't see his PSM if he's blocked u.
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
07-01-2006 04:55 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
helpseeker

O.P. RE: personal message issues
[font=Tahoma] [color=blue]That's the thing. I'm not blocked 'cause I can see his online status, but removed from contact list.
It's just that I thought it was like the settings say: "type a personal message for your CONTACTS to see", therefore, NOT people on your allow list. Right or not? - still confused.

07-01-2006 05:03 PM
Reload2

-> The second Reload <-

31 / Male / –
Well it says "for your contact to see" but you can try with someone who's not in your contact but you are in his contacts, it will still work. It's like that
07-01-2006 05:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
helpseeker

O.P. RE: personal message issues
[font=Tahoma]I've tried that. They don't see my personal message or song information 'cause they're not on my contact list anymore (no matter I'm still on theirs). ^o)

thanks anyway
07-01-2006 05:17 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Reload2
Well it says "for your contact to see" but you can try with someone who's not in your contact but you are in his contacts, it will still work. It's like that
It's a bit confusing, as everything is said to be done relative to the contact list, but is actually done according to the allow list.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-01-2006 05:19 PM
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
Yes, should have been doen easier so that people doesn't have to wonder..

Well, ther's nothing wrong about wondering.. :)
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
07-01-2006 05:21 PM
helpseeker

O.P. RE: RE: personal message issues
quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
Originally posted by Reload2
It's a bit confusing, as everything is said to be done relative to the contact list, but is actually done according to the allow list.

[font=Tahoma]I guess so. Btw, what's the purpose of keeping someone on the allow list, and blocking all others? Where can he see my status then? What's the point off the allow list and blockin others (if I'm a deleted contact to someone)? ^o)
07-01-2006 05:25 PM
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
The CL is for look purpose, the allow list is more kind of for privacy purpose, I guess.
nitrolinken.net.
07-01-2006 05:35 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: