What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » offline blocker!?!?!

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
offline blocker!?!?!
Author: Message:
alexp2_ad
Scripting Contest Winner

Who love the chocolate?

36 / Male / –
RE: offline blocker!?!?!
To be honest, this script pisses me off, it means appear offline is useless, but also for anyone using this:

You go offline with some contacts blocked, they come online and send you an offline message, you won't get it.  Because they were blocked.  Their offline message will be lost, and they'll be pissed off that you didn't get it, just because you didn't want people to see you if they were appearing offline.
07-03-2006 10:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Sweetkitty
"Being spied on" :S
quote:
Originally posted by benjyrama
I think it was the word ~"spying" that triggered the hacker thingy
I really don't understand all the commotion. It clearly says "For those who don't want to be spied on by those who appear offline or who blocked you.". This clearly indicated it is a script that will give you more privacy? It does not say it will take away privacy from others? Let me know if there is something I can do to make that description clearer.

quote:
Originally posted by Kotjze
What if everyone used this? Then what if you changed status to Appear Offline, everyone on your list would go offline x.x And that would defeat the purpose of Appearing Offline
Obviously people who install this script simply don't want their contact to appear offline and they don't want to receive offline messages. People should consider if they want a script or not, they shouldn't just download everything without reading what it does. Should everybody really install this script, then maybe it's time for Microsoft to ask themselves if appear offline / offline messages are really needed and what they could improve about it.

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
this script pisses me off, it means appear offline is useless
Just when you have one of the 0.0001% of Messenger users on your contactlist that uses this script. And obviously if you have such a user on your list you would piss him off by sending an offline message anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
You go offline with some contacts blocked, they come online and send you an offline message, you won't get it.  Because they were blocked.
The purpose of this script is to block offline messages, so I don't see a problem there. It's up to the people who install the script.

And I'm not really sure how offline messaging works, but shouldn't you still get that offline message as soon as you unblock the user again? And if the offline message really doesn't get sent, doesn't the sender get notified about this? If not, then I suggest MS takes another look at their offline messages implementation and make it more reliable.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
07-03-2006 10:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
alexp2_ad
Scripting Contest Winner

Who love the chocolate?

36 / Male / –
Sending messages to blocked people as OIMs doesn't work, I've tested it before.

And I know very few people have the script, I'm just talking in theory. ;)
07-03-2006 11:09 PM
CapriSkye

i just tried, you won't get the offline message...
07-03-2006 11:10 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
MenthiX, maybe put in the description of Offline Blocker 1.0, "This script will block offline messages so you will no longer be able to recieve them, when the contact is blocked."

Or somthing like that...
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-03-2006 11:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
dramado

sorry about the confusion, the general idea is correct and I wouldnt be surprised  if you don't receive offline messages because you've blocked the contact.

If you don't want it don't use it :) and sorry about the name too I couldnt come up with anything better :/
07-03-2006 11:21 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
MenthiX, maybe put in the description of Offline Blocker ...
Done
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
07-03-2006 11:36 PM
CapriSkye

i blieve when you're offline, and your contacts come online, then you go online, they will appear as blocked.
can somebody confirm this?

also when you're offline, then your contacts go offline, they don't show as blocked when you come online.
not sure if it's possible, but i think it's better to block all offline contacts and unblock online contacts when you come online.....hope i'm clear.
07-05-2006 02:42 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
dramado

v2 is more user friendly coming soon
07-05-2006 07:18 AM
Tails

36 / Male / –
This may seem like a noob question, and i'm new to live and Messenger Plus live and all the scripts and stuff... How how can i get the configuration page back again? Or infact do this with scripts that i download (well scripts that have configuration pages). I checked the scripting and i couldn't find anything to trigger it off again. Or at least a way to change the settings inside MSN
07-06-2006 03:04 AM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: