What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Plus! Live wont work

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Messenger Plus! Live wont work
Author: Message:
Salmonaxe

40 / Male / –
RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work
Help!! I've tried everything on this forum, deleted live, deleted msn, deleted folders, ran the script supplied

code:cmd /k del /F /Q "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\riched20.dll"

but still nothing, I get the same software not loaded msg that i always got. Its really very odd. Anything else that i should try?
07-17-2006 10:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
gubbe

50 / Male / –
I seem to be having exactly the same problem. I'm using the Live Messenger 8.0.0792 and MP!L 4.01.0.240. I've just uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled everything, run the code - and still nothing works!

I had hoped that last night's update of MP!L would have fixed the problem, but to no avail... What's next for me?
07-17-2006 11:39 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
Have you seen this?

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Hi,

many of you are currently reporting problems about sounds notworking, commands not been recognised, quick texts failing, etc... mostof these problems tend to be caused by Messenger patches that removetoo many thigns from the Messenger interface (like Clean Messenger). Ifyou're experiencing this kind of issue, please uninstall Windows LiveMessenger, delete "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger" and reinstall itfrom Microsoft's web site.

[Edit by WDZ: Another possible solution posted by -!Felu!- here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?pid=678813

I'm currently working on possible ways to make Messenger Plus! Livemore "patch friendly" but in the meantime, remember to always ensurethat you are using a clean Messenger before you report any problem.

Thank you,
Patchou
07-17-2006 11:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
gubbe

50 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
Have you seen this?

I hadn't seen it. However, as I'm not running any patches on top of MSN Live - for me - it shouldn't be an issue...

07-17-2006 12:58 PM
Salmonaxe

40 / Male / –
*nods*

No other programs running here. not in the mood to format my pc, but when i get home tonight i will try on my other pc, perhaps its one of my anti-virus/spam/spyware/ whatever else is running on this pc, that is stopping the update from working.

If i have the same problem I will let everyone know, if i don't i will still let everyone know. 
07-17-2006 01:20 PM
Salmonaxe

40 / Male / –
Undecided  RE: Messenger Plus! Live wont work
Okay fine, I managed to log into my newly installed messanger on my other pc, barely, but now i don't have any contacts displayed, and my pc tells me that there is a connection error.

I've read the other threads on the deleted contact problem, its not that i installed the incorrect version, I know i did get it from the .net site, so what is happening is maybe a microsoft problem? As i'm writing this my msn is still trying to log in. I shutdown and restarted my pc to check if that would help the connection or something and all thats happened is it got worse :(

*sigh* If anyone has a suggestion let me know.
thanks

Third times a charm, next pc....
Installed msn live! on a third computer, connected it up, magically all contacts returned, not surprised :o
but still got some problems, no plus, i liked the tabbed conversations and colours so i'm definetly going to keep trying to get it to work, and secondly i still get that annoying connection error notification on my msn toolbar icon, I seem to be connected fine though.

Still looking for help.

This post was edited on 07-17-2006 at 04:48 PM by Salmonaxe.
07-17-2006 04:39 PM
gubbe

50 / Male / –
Also still looking for help here. At home it works perfectly and the only software that I can picture destroying things for me is the Cisco Secure Agent. On the other hand it doesn't have MP!L on its blacklist...
07-17-2006 07:29 PM
Salmonaxe

40 / Male / –
Alright, after all my problems trying to sort this out, the problem fixed itself. But not on my laptop which is running Cisco secure agent. So maybe that is causing some issue, although it could be anything on there really.

But what i'm writing to say is the desktop i installed it on kept giving me the connection error, and software not loaded msg, so i started up tonight and let it try to log into msn, took about five or six minutes and finally when it connected it was running properly.

Maybe somekind of initialisation phase that needs to build into msn? not too sure but i'm glad that it worked.
07-19-2006 05:00 PM
cloudhunter

37 / – / –
The connection error message people are getting is known about by the messenger team. Look here for more details.

Messenger Says Blog.

As for the Plus! issues, all I can suggest is to follow what it says in this thread... Although the Cisco secure agent could be stopping Plus! hooking WLM.

Cloudy
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6717 days, 22 hours, 41 minutes, 12 seconds ago
07-19-2006 05:05 PM
gubbe

50 / Male / –
That's it! I've abandoned MP!L on my laptop as it won't load. There doesn't seem to be consistent solution to the problem, but choosing the Mess Patch in the most recent version over at http://mess.be does MOST of what MP!L does as well.

That makes abandoning MP!L a lot easier!!
07-25-2006 06:45 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: