What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [To be released] /insult script

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
[To be released] /insult script
Author: Message:
pollolibredegrasa

formerly fatfreechicken

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [To be released] /insult script
quote:
Originally posted by dj jack
i know what those insults are...and i've already translated the old msg plus 3 /insult by modifying the dll using the originally translated italian insults...i know what to do! :D

I'm curious, have you actually properly tested using the easter egg after doing this, as I cannot get plus to recognise "alternative" text so to speak... Whenever I send an insult with different text to the original insult in Plus! 3, it does not get recognised.

Anyway, as the script stands, translation of the insults will not be possible.
;p

[Image: chickennana.gif] Vaccy is my thin twin! [Image: chickennana.gif]
12-05-2006 10:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
dj jack

RE: [To be released] /insult script
it doesn't get recognised in plus 3 simply because plus3 it makes a mere comparation between the insult you send him and that in his dll where all the insult texts are stored...using resource hacker to see the dll i discovered that the id number of an insult is the reply's id number minus 10...so it simply checks the answer/insult you send and compares it...
i've tested it and it worked, but the texts in my dll and my friend's dll were the same 'cause i sent him the modified dll...the 2 dlls must be identical...or the insults won't of course be recognised...sorry for the bad english.. ;)
12-05-2006 10:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
pollolibredegrasa

formerly fatfreechicken

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [To be released] /insult script
quote:
Originally posted by dj jack
....cause i sent him the modified dll...the 2 dlls must be identical...or the insults won't of course be recognised.
And therein lies the problem. If the insults were translated, the original Plus! 3 DLL's would have to be modified also to retain backwards compatibility (which I'd assume is probably against the EULA ;)).

Anyway, I hope to release this soon, as my testers and I have been hard at work ironing out little bugs, and I feel it is almost ready for release (and about time too, I started this thing months ago :P). Oh and there's the matter of the scripting contest (which would be nice to win, but i'd be more than happy with just a t-shirt :P)
;p

[Image: chickennana.gif] Vaccy is my thin twin! [Image: chickennana.gif]
12-05-2006 10:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
dj jack

RE: [To be released] /insult script
A tshirt with "you found melee island treasure" written on it... :D well, yes it's surely against the EULA....well luckily i know english so i can use the script in english too!
12-06-2006 01:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: