What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Messenger Plus! Live Enhancer

Pages: (38): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
3 votes - 3.67 average   Messenger Plus! Live Enhancer
Author: Message:
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Enhancer
quote:
Originally posted by TazDevil
You guys shouldnt select any of the Advanced menu options, those are just for me to debug the plugin module....

You should only use Preferences... and About.

Unloading the module defeats all the purposes of the script/plugin
and Loading it for a second time should crash Messenger.

So just leave those menu items alone (on second thought i will comment them out on release)
You should not have included those options in the menu in a release (even a pre-release) version if they are not for us to use...and if you really really think they oughta stay visible put in your first post what the purpose of those items are and that they will be out on release. As a first time user of this script it makes me think i need to use it. And from a testers point of view i'm most certainly curious to test those options too...

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
I also turned on "Activate window menu-bar on mouse hover" but setting the milliseconds stays disabled..bug?
Still left unanswered.

This post was edited on 08-12-2006 at 11:26 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
08-12-2006 11:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Live Enhancer
Activate window menu-bar on mouse hover

that is a global wait timer to activate hovering (ie. how much time does the mouse have to stay over the window to activate hoveing)

it is supposed to avoid unwanted window unfolding while in autohide mode...

this is not implemented yet, it will be implemented later, thats why it is disabled
Window Manager is discontinued, for WLM try the new,
Enhancer for contact list docking, auto-hide, hide taskbar button, remove button flashing and remember keyboard layout in conversation windows
08-13-2006 12:06 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by TazDevil
Regarding markee's edit to the script i still can understand why he wants to unload and reload the module when a window is created, as the plugin module detects that internally and does not require any script events.
Are you trying to say that the code that I wrote isn't needed because this is supposed to happen in the dll automatically?  I only added this code because it didn't seem to do that for me so maybe it is a bug :s
[Image: markee.png]
08-13-2006 02:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Shondoit

Hmm, Just Me...

35 / Male / Flag
I have the same problem as Markee, when I tick the option to make windows opaque on mouse hover, it works for all open windows,  but when I create any new window, they stay opaque, unless I reload the DLL. As if the new windows don't inherit these settings...
Markees solution should work for the moment, but it is really annoying

But besides that, Great script (Y)
My scripts:                            [Image: shondoit.gif]
+ Timezone
+ Camelo
+ Multisearch
08-13-2006 01:20 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
i find that it still docks to the top or bottom of the screen when set to default and Dock doesn't resize the desktop envionment
08-13-2006 02:55 PM
Laserjesus

I am the forrest Ninja!

35 / Male / –
This is just a beta, so really i understand that it isnt working perfectly yet, though im seriosly startin to worry that i am just a complete idiot because i cant get it to work AT ALL. The only difference is that i (and it took a lot of precison-work) got it to auto-dock...for a while.

I've feel like tried everything from disabling all other scripts and processes to "Go Go Auto-hide! DAMN! Uhm...Hide sesamy!..please?....whyyoulittlestupid********"
08-13-2006 10:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
artfuldodga

I think I have perhaps found a Bug.

I have this script installed, for a few days now, I do like it. Ok, onto the Bug.

Messenger is running with Plus! Live and your script enabled, with the following options Enabled in your script:

General - enable flashing when a message is received, Snap windows to screen edges (in pixels) [5]

Contact List - Default, animate on show | hide, auto-hide even when menu bar is visible

Advanced - Left mouse button click (Open Contact List), Middle moust button click (Default)

Never touched the Min Demonsions, and Remember keyboard layout between conv is Enabled.

Weird Bug: right click on your desktop, click properties, apperance - advanced - now change your Active Title Bar Size +1 Size or -1 .. up or down, I don't think it matters.

I get an Error, Rundll32.exe - unable to locate component blah blah
MSVCR80.dll not found, re-installing the application may correct this .. whatever :P

Anyway, I closed out everything I had running, Google Talk and Messenger Live with Plus! Live. Tried to change the Title Bar again & it worked, opened up Google.. still able to resize, opened up Messenger with Plus! Failed, got that Error Message, Disabled the Enhancer script, and resizing Title Bar worked again.

I was using .NET 2.0 Framework, until I just uninstalled it to see if that had anything to do with it. But it did not apparently. & my System is fully up to date I believe. Mess Patch applied & also A-Patch, to shorten Status Info in Convo Window. My Themes Service.. is disabled, not sure if that matters.

This post was edited on 08-14-2006 at 06:27 AM by artfuldodga.
08-14-2006 01:48 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
wow, sounds great.. I'll have to give this a try for sure.
[Image: signature2.gif]
08-14-2006 03:41 AM
Poom

Ya-Ha!!!!

33 / Male / –
I don't know if this happen to you guys, but I find it worth mentioning even though may be only my case. Interested in the auto-docking feature, I downloaded the script, only to find that the default options are horrible (which may seem so only in my opinion) and that the performance of WLM, together with Plus! Live, drops very significantly.

I'd say that you should try to make the default options what users will find WLM to be without the plugin first, and try improving the perfomance. I have 2GB of ram here and even so my WLM was acting like it is not responding. This is not the quality for release candidate, I'd say. An alpha would be a more appropriate term.

This post was edited on 08-14-2006 at 08:38 AM by Poom.
08-14-2006 08:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Poom
I don't know if this happen to you guys, but I find it worth mentioning even though may be only my case. Interested in the auto-docking feature, I downloaded the script, only to find that the default options are horrible (which may seem so only in my opinion) and that the performance of WLM, together with Plus! Live, drops very significantly.

I'd say that you should try to make the default options what users will find WLM to be without the plugin first, and try improving the perfomance. I have 2GB of ram here and even so my WLM was acting like it is not responding. This is not the quality for release candidate, I'd say. An alpha would be a more appropriate term.
I also found reponse time to be quite slow with some things, especially the menus (the plus one from the plus symbol was the most significant and noticable).

I think if you made minimal changes as the default preferences this would be best so people do not get too overcome by such big changes that they may not want.
[Image: markee.png]
08-14-2006 01:38 PM
Pages: (38): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: