What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Paedophile Punishment

Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Paedophile Punishment
Author: Message:
Vimto

In and Out

32 / Female / Flag
O.P. Shocked  Paedophile Punishment
What do you think should happen to this man Craig Sweeney:@
Article

Personally I think it is outrageous that he is getting a minimum of 5 years when you can get at least 4 years for Section 18 (Wounding with intent)
He should get life for the torment this little girl will go through. He should be tortured and then castrated.

Your thoughts on this ...
And when your heart begins to bleed, your dead
and dead and dead indeed.
07-10-2006 07:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Paedophile Punishment
I think they should chop his hands and dick off. Also, I think when somebody gets a life sentence, they should get that sentence and not be able to apply for parole. Especially sexual offenders of this severity, no sexual offender will ever be "cured" of what they have done in the past.
07-10-2006 07:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
you think minimum of 5 years for rape is short?

They give minimum of 5 years to murderers here :s

They invented this thing called TBS, what is some sort of psychic help, but most of them just run away or do it again...

EDIT: Forgot my thoughts about it :P

I think he should indeed be put away for life, not death row, way too mild, put him away for life and not in such a prison resort, in a real prison but crappy beds, ass raping psychos and water + bread...

This post was edited on 07-10-2006 at 07:19 PM by Ezra.
[Image: 1-0.png]

07-10-2006 07:17 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Stupid. 5 years, personally i feel it should be life at least. And i totally agree with what traxor said.
[Image: jumbled.png]
07-10-2006 07:18 PM
Adeptus

There are two distinct approaches to criminal justice: punitive and rehabilitation.  The punitive approach takes the position of "eye for an eye", that the perpetrator must suffer at least equally to the suffering of the victim and this will somehow serve justice.  The rehabilitation approach takes the position that it doesn't matter as much what one did, it matters that we can be sure one won't do it again.  I am a strong supporter of the rehabilitation approach, and the two are usually mutually exclusive.  I do not believe in retribution -- sorry.

I also think we should differentiate between the actions of someone clearly less than sane and calculated, intentional actions of someone who knows exactly what they are doing.

Sweeney comes across to me as someone with serious mental problems.  I would suspect he is right on the brink of being certifyably insane.  If he was calculating his actions, he would have never done it the way he did.  Personally, I don't see a problem with any sentence he is given, provided his unsupervised release into society is subject to professional review.
07-11-2006 05:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stoshrocket

formerly methos

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
I think he should indeed be put away for life, not death row, way too mild, put him away for life and not in such a prison resort, in a real prison but crappy beds, ass raping psychos and water + bread...

relating to that i was readin the news a couple of days back and some sick dude that abducted a girl and made her perform sexual acts only got 5 years (i think) but his prison cell has a comfortable bed with duvets, books, and a playstaion 2 hooked upto a portable TV which he spends most of his day on.... its hardly serving the right sentance and hardly teaching him not to do it again..

2don't do it again or you'll be back in prison playing playstation 2 for another five years!!" :-/
formerly methos
07-11-2006 08:08 AM
Kenji
Veteran Member

Previously: Dazmatic, Dazzy, :zippy:

32 / Male / Flag
They should just kill the fucker:refuck:
07-11-2006 08:17 AM
Rik

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
They should just kill the fucker:refuck:
i don't agree, he should be put away for life, life in jail is hard and if he was just killed he wouldn't suffer or pay for what he did

This post was edited on 07-11-2006 at 09:13 AM by Rik.
07-11-2006 09:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
:.dudeman.:

People like this make me sick, they're everywhere. I say that he SHOULD have his dick cut off, then have a salt bath. After that he should spend the rest of his life in jail. DAMN BASTARD.
07-11-2006 05:53 PM
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
Well, everybody deserves a chance, but doing this.. I don't like it. Not death, but Jail, for a longer time than 5 years! Maybe he should lose his ability to have sex. That would atleast make the f**** sad. No, those kinda people ain't no good.

I mostly feel sorry for the girl. Her life is kinda ruined, you just don't forget that..
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
07-11-2006 05:59 PM
Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: