What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Paedophile Punishment

Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
Paedophile Punishment
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Paedophile Punishment
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
There are two distinct approaches to criminal justice: punitive and rehabilitation.  The punitive approach takes the position of "eye for an eye", that the perpetrator must suffer at least equally to the suffering of the victim and this will somehow serve justice.  The rehabilitation approach takes the position that it doesn't matter as much what one did, it matters that we can be sure one won't do it again.  I am a strong supporter of the rehabilitation approach, and the two are usually mutually exclusive.  I do not believe in retribution -- sorry.

I also think we should differentiate between the actions of someone clearly less than sane and calculated, intentional actions of someone who knows exactly what they are doing.

Sweeney comes across to me as someone with serious mental problems.  I would suspect he is right on the brink of being certifyably insane.  If he was calculating his actions, he would have never done it the way he did.  Personally, I don't see a problem with any sentence he is given, provided his unsupervised release into society is subject to professional review.

Rehabilitation isn't something that would work for somebody like Sweeney or any other paedophile. People who have sexually offended children and other people in the past usually do it again once they are released. Punitive punishment is the best way forward, with this people will realise that if they do something, then they'll suffer, suffer in a literal sense. Whereas, if they get a sentence of 5 years, they'll just think to themselves: "Hey, that was only 5 years, once I can get out I can shag another 12 month old baby and I'll get another 5. This doesn't matter though because I got a hell of a kick from that!" (sorry about the harsh example there, but it's true).

Sexual offenders, especially paedophiles, are very nasty people, and in my opinion don't deserve any rights, they barely deserve the right of life.
07-11-2006 06:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mentality

The Best Representation OF me IS ME!

38 / Male / Flag
Traxor is right....

It's an addiction for these guys, think of it like this right..

Most 16's or over on here, have probably had sex by now, now before turning 15 or 16 you probably didn't care if you ever did or didn't have sex (some people younger than 15 these day know more about it than they should, but thats a different story) Imagine now, trying never to have sex again or never masturbating. It would be near impossible for anyone to do that. That's exactly the same for peodo's except there obsession is wrong and seems to be some what stronger fueled by the fact that they know it's wrong and they shouldn't be doing it which only adds to their excitement. They don't just deserve, but infact NEED to be locked up from society.
07-11-2006 06:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Kenji
Veteran Member

Previously: Dazmatic, Dazzy, :zippy:

32 / Male / Flag
I Agree (Y)
07-11-2006 06:37 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
I agree with Adeptus. I believe he can be considered insane.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
07-11-2006 06:41 PM
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
Traxor is right....

It's an addiction for these guys, think of it like this right..

Most 16's or over on here, have probably had sex by now, now before turning 15 or 16 you probably didn't care if you ever did or didn't have sex (some people younger than 15 these day know more about it than they should, but thats a different story) Imagine now, trying never to have sex again or never masturbating. It would be near impossible for anyone to do that. That's exactly the same for peodo's except there obsession is wrong and seems to be some what stronger fueled by the fact that they know it's wrong and they shouldn't be doing it which only adds to their excitement. They don't just deserve, but infact NEED to be locked up from society.
Yeah, but they still need a change to get rid of that obsession. I don't think they won't to have that obsession. I mean, it can't be funny to HAVE to do something. They should be helped (those ho still has a chance) instead of getting kicked into jail and left there as THAT kind of shit. They're bad, bad people, but they still need some help.
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
07-11-2006 06:42 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
Yeah, but they still need a change to get rid of that obsession. I don't think they won't to have that obsession. I mean, it can't be funny to HAVE to do something. They should be helped (those ho still has a chance) instead of getting kicked into jail and left there as THAT kind of shit. They're bad, bad people, but they still need some help

That's the problem, sexual offenders will NEVER be cured.
07-11-2006 06:43 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
You can just chop their hands and pe*is off, if you want to retain them from assault, Although, I belive people can change their mind.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
07-11-2006 06:46 PM
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:
Yeah, but they still need a change to get rid of that obsession. I don't think they won't to have that obsession. I mean, it can't be funny to HAVE to do something. They should be helped (those ho still has a chance) instead of getting kicked into jail and left there as THAT kind of shit. They're bad, bad people, but they still need some help

That's the problem, sexual offenders will NEVER be cured.
No... You're a bit wrong. But I'm a bit wrong too.
There are some that actually gets cured, but it's few and it may be difficult to remove that obsession, but with some work, it's possible, but not to the majority. Most of those f***** are  lost. And that I admit.
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
07-11-2006 06:47 PM
Mentality

The Best Representation OF me IS ME!

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
You can just chop their hands and pe*is off, if you want to retain them from assault, Although, I belive people can change their mind.

That would stop the physical arousal - but the mental arousal would still stand. With no hands or penis and all.

quote:
There are some that actually gets cured

Why, just because they say - hey look am cured?

Very debatable.

I'm not saying lock them in jail - nor an insane assylum w.e, but some form of secured unit, where they can't get out and do these things, and yes where they can also work on they're mental state to see why they think like this and if something can be done to allow them back into society, But to me, until we can read peoples minds, they should never be allowed back into society because we never know really if they are "cured" (for lack of a better word.)

This post was edited on 07-11-2006 at 07:00 PM by Mentality.
07-11-2006 06:56 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
all paedos should be hung in public places imo
07-11-2006 07:12 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »