What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [UPDATE] Mute 1.3

Pages: (7): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 » Last »
[UPDATE] Mute 1.3
Author: Message:
noroom

www.noroom.tk

O.P. RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.2
Haha, don't worry, spanish is my first language. ;)

Weird that Mute 1.2 didn't work. It's exactly meant to fix that problem. Are you sure you tested 1.2?
09-01-2006 02:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ChoPraTs

RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.2
Yes, I use the Mute 1.2, and don't solve the problem. Can I speak you in spanish?

Digo que si te puedo hablar en español, es que sino no me aclaro. :-P Lo entiendes todo perfectamente? Eres español también? Bueno... decía que he provado la versión 1.1 y la versión 1.2 del Script Mute, y ninguna solventó el problema. La solución fue la que realicé posteriormente, ir al editor del registro de Windows e incluir las entradas que faltaban y que no encontraba el script. Creé la entrada "MSNMSGR_NewSMSMessage" en el directorio que se especificaba en el error, y le puse los mismos parámetros de otras entradas que encontré en el mismo lugar. Y solucionado. Ahora todo funciona perfectamente.

Bueno, a ver si esto sirve para otras personas que tengan el mismo problema. Un saludo! Y gracias!
09-01-2006 02:26 PM
noroom

www.noroom.tk

O.P. RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.3
Thanks ChoPraTs, but there was no need to explain it again. I understood your english just fine, don't worry. Oh, and I lived in Peru for 17 years (I'm 20), that's why I can speak spanish.

Anyway, I looked into the script, and realized I added error catching for the writing process, but forgot about the reading process. Dumb dumb mistake. But thanks to you, I found the bug and finally fixed it. Turns out Mute 1.2 didn't actually fix anything. :$

Mute 1.3 fixes this, and now even people who don't have a few of the region-specific sounds will be able to run it without a problem. Thanks for your help, and for taking the time to report the error you found! Ah, y de nada ;)
09-03-2006 12:18 PM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: [UPDATE] Mute 1.3
I have used this for a long time.

Maybe adding a function for

When you switch to "Away" it will mute, and back to Online it will unmute :p
10-17-2006 03:00 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
noroom

www.noroom.tk

You could make a quicktext or a small script that does that for you.
10-17-2006 11:10 AM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by noroom
You could make a quicktext or a small script that does that for you.

Will do
10-17-2006 11:22 AM
kraus

UHHHHHH I used it and it muted and then i typed /mute again and it says its unmuted, but its not, whats going on here?
11-09-2006 04:43 AM
CanadianOriginal

Please Stand By

44 / Male / Flag
I'm glad to say that so far, I'm not having any of the difficulties I had in the past. One thing I'd like to see is muting notifications with sounds, although I'm sure that's not easy.

I also like the suggestion of automatically muting with certain statuses. The Quicktext idea is fine, but if the script automatically did it, it would make it that much more versatile
~ Better to reign in hell, than serve in heaven
11-13-2006 09:05 AM
noroom

www.noroom.tk

@kraus: I've noticed that this bug still hasn't been fixed. The problem is that the event for a script being closed, or WLM being exited is not always triggered, so Mute doesn't notice, and doesn't unmute sounds. And the next time it starts, it doesn't know sounds are muted. But I already know how to fix this for good. Don't worry. :)

@CanadianOriginal: At one point, I'll run out of features to add to this script, and I'll implement your suggestion. But for now, I have other things to do. Sorry. It will come though.
11-13-2006 06:06 PM
MasterG

I didn't test this one yet, but is it also possible to keep hearing the person you have a voice conversation with and got the cam with online, but mute everything else?
01-26-2007 09:26 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: