What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date

Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date
Author: Message:
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date
Patchou said it will be released this weekend, and thats all he said so keep that in mind ;)
Segosa is newb.
07-16-2006 06:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
May I very strongly point out that this has been said to beta testers in private only!!!

As a matter of fact he didn't say "tonight" at all, he said "this weekend"...

And this is NOT a public statement at all (yet). As such, beta testers should ALWAYS be carefull to put such stuff in the public, especially concearning release dates.

It is NOT FOR SURE that a new version will be released tonight. It is planned yes, but extremely many things can delay it. As a matter of fact, Patchou said last week that it was going to be released "this weekend" too, and that did NOT happen.

There is a very good reason why Patchou only says this in private and not yet in public, I only whished some beta testers understood that BEFORE they leak such information and create (unwillingly) a hype (as people WILL read such things as totally true without understanding the context of it and thus will be fixated upon such statements).

This post was edited on 07-16-2006 at 07:47 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-16-2006 07:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Well said cookie.  I must say that because of this thread I have been looking a lot more but I also understand that good things take time, so if I have to wait for Plus! then so be it.  Making big hype to the public is not a wise idea (just remember what happened to the forums and the MP!L sit when 4.00 was released.......).
[Image: markee.png]
07-16-2006 07:50 AM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
There is a very good reason why Patchou only says this in private and not yet in public, I only whished some beta testers understood that BEFORE they leak such information and create (unwillingly) a hype (as people WILL read such things as totally true without understanding the context of it and thus will be fixated upon such statements).

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
Patchou said it will be released this weekend, and thats all he said so keep that in mind 

:P
Segosa is newb.
07-16-2006 09:41 AM
Fr@nKy

Mess.be Addicted

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
May I very strongly point out that this has been said to beta testers in private only!!!

As a matter of fact he didn't say "tonight" at all, he said "this weekend"...

And this is NOT a public statement at all (yet). As such, beta testers should ALWAYS be carefull to put such stuff in the public, especially concearning release dates.

It is NOT FOR SURE that a new version will be released tonight. It is planned yes, but extremely many things can delay it. As a matter of fact, Patchou said last week that it was going to be released "this weekend" too, and that did NOT happen.

CookieRevised I was only reporting what I have seen on Messenger Stuff I was not saying that it was 100% sure so I know that it will be out this weekend (probably today) but I read that it could be yesterday and was only reporting to hear from you if this was a good piece of information or not. ;)
[Image: Signature.png]
07-16-2006 10:40 AM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
Cookie was more referring to absorbation (and all beta testers) i think :P
Segosa is newb.
07-16-2006 10:48 AM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Well I did check to see if I was allowed to post it, I saw Menthix posting about the release around the forums, so I presumed I was allowed to do the same. The emails testers received from Patchou indicated a Saturday release (I can't show what he said exactly), and so I posted about that. I will edit the post saying unexpected delays are expected, but all in all 4.01 is coming soon :).

And there are a few Yahoo! integration bugs, so you never know how delayed it can be. I am sorry for any confusion, but I did think it was going to be released Saturday, according to the emails, and testers received another indication this morning of a release.

* absorbation updates his post :)

Edit: My post seems different to the one I originally posted :S.

This post was edited on 07-16-2006 at 11:01 AM by absorbation.
07-16-2006 10:53 AM
Fr@nKy

Mess.be Addicted

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date
absorbation keep the good work at Messenger Stuff. I know that you posted saying it was going to be released yesterday but I know that this kind of stuff is not 100% SURE ;)
07-16-2006 11:00 AM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Reading over my post made mye realize with little information people can take in hypes rather quickly :P. Like Cookie said, no official statement means it may not be true. Although Patchou expected the release to be Saturday evening, major changes to the messenger protocol can mean delays. I have now updated my post to hopefully avoid confusion. However, I do not think I was breaking any testing rules when posting the information, I did check out before hand with other testers to see if it was ok and after seeing Menthix posting small posts on the forums, I thought it was ok to do so myself :).

Edit: Patchou's emails varied when it came to expected release dates, the Saturday one was the most recent and so I posted about that.

quote:
Originally posted by tony
Absorbation is a betatester, so its true.

beta testers have been told that Messenger Plus! Live 4.01 will be released tonight.

lol, official tester does not mean I'm Patchou, he can change his mind as often as he likes :P.

This post was edited on 07-16-2006 at 11:13 AM by absorbation.
07-16-2006 11:09 AM
Fr@nKy

Mess.be Addicted

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! 4.01 Release Date
Yeah I don't think that you act wrong. We know that is this type of stuff delays are aceptable ;)
07-16-2006 11:13 AM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: