What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Advice

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Advice
Author: Message:
Vimto

In and Out

32 / Female / Flag
O.P. Undecided  Advice
Hi this may be considered spam as its my personal problem but meh

I am going on holiday in four weeks with my "Best" friend. My mum has payed for everything btw.

Over the past few months we haven't spent any time together at all and to me it seems shes avoiding me. Everytime I ask her to come out she makes up an excuse that she can't but I and others always see her out with a girl from my school. I really don't want her to go on holiday with me as it seems she is just using me to get a free holiday. But my mum has already booked her place with her name etc.

Also she keeps moaning about how much she is going to miss her mum and boyfriend (Like he's going to miss her).

I don't know whether to tell her I don't want her to go. If I tell her I fear our friendship will be over but if I don't the holiday will be a disaster and I will feel used. If I tell her she can't go I can't imagine the reaction of her parents although I she isn't paying for anything. :S I am so confused.

If you think I shouldn't take her can you give me any advice on how to tell her. If you think I should take her just your views please. Thanks Alot :D

This post was edited on 07-16-2006 at 05:48 PM by Vimto.
And when your heart begins to bleed, your dead
and dead and dead indeed.
07-16-2006 05:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Advice
Well maybe this trip will help you patch things up with her
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6642 days, 20 hours, 2 minutes, 13 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
07-16-2006 05:48 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Adeptus

It doesn't sound like anything ugly has happened between you, you just have drifted apart a bit as she has made some new friends that take up more of her time. The trip could be a great opportunity to make up for that and renew interest for continued friendship after you return.  Just don't start any dramatic confrontations and all should be well.

Given that it's already booked and such things usually are non-refundable, you will be equally "used" whether she goes or not, so asking her not to go would be silly.
07-16-2006 06:18 PM
FrozenDaggers

I shoot people.

35 / Female / Flag
When you go on holiday there wont be anyone else to come between the two of you so you probably will work it out between you.

I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be using you... I can't imagine someone being so selfish and vile. lol.
07-17-2006 04:52 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by .Vimto.
Over the past few months we haven't spent any time together at all and to me it seems shes avoiding me. Everytime I ask her to come out she makes up an excuse that she can't but I and others always see her out with a girl from my school. I really don't want her to go on holiday with me as it seems she is just using me to get a free holiday. But my mum has already booked her place with her name etc.
You talked to her about this? Methinks you mightn't. I personally think you should, maybe something happened that you didn't realise.

PS: Yay! I invented a word! w00t, and all that jazz.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-17-2006 09:10 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

People drift apart, it always happens... No matter who they are and how good a friend they are to you. You meet other people, they meet other people. But the people you meet don't like the people they meet, but you want to go and see the new people you've met. Stuff doesn't always work out the way you want it to.

I don't think you should tell her you don't want her to go, if I were you, I'd just go with her and see if you bond a bit :).
07-17-2006 10:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
Definatly agree with traxor. My best friend and I also drifted away from each other the school year before (04-05), and we're best friends again:>. Just find some time where she is further away from her 'other friends' (i.e., the trip or same classes next year) where you can bring things back together.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6546 days, 20 hours, 37 minutes, 42 seconds ago.

07-18-2006 05:25 AM
.X.ILUV2HUG.X,

.X. You Only Live Once .X.

32 / Female / –
Personally if i was you i would explain to her the situation, Let her no how u feel if she is that good a friend she will understand and will want whatever you think is best, If you feel uncomfortable taking her tell her. Take another friend with you in her place one u feel u will have more fun with.
.X.   .. ( LISA LEWIS ) ..   .X.
07-24-2006 04:06 PM
shadowfaerie

la la la lick the lolly la la la

35 / Female / –
you will just find out how much you mean to each other..
                                                     devia ut a crudus
rose..
07-24-2006 11:04 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Advice
I agree with NiteMare, it will help you patch up thnigs with her, if she didn't like you, she wouldn't go with you. I doubt she would just go for a free holiday with someone she didn't really like. As Traxor said, you've drifted apart, and now's the time to drift back together again and be friends :)

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
You talked to her about this? Methinks you mightn't. I personally think you should, maybe something happened that you didn't realise.

PS: Yay! I invented a word! w00t, and all that jazz.

MenthiX invented that word, that's where he got his name from :P

K, that's a lie.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-24-2006 11:11 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: