What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus
Author: Message:
tbooh

Huh?  RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus
Same thing for me: I installed WLM, then I logged in--> Instantly (That's fine:)). After that, I installed Messenger Plus! Live--> First time it was very long to log in with an hotmail account with only a few contacts. The next loggings are fine now, but when I try with an account with lots of contacts, it is again very long and once logged in, only a few contacts appears:S. When I tried to log again a little while after, some other contacts came back on my list:|.

So, I think that MPL have to check every contact I have when I log in, then it's very long and when the timer of MPL comes to an end, it let me see my contacts, at least, the contacts WLM has time to download.

One more thing (don't know if it can help^o)) : my windows installation is brand new.

Hope this help to resolve the problem!
07-19-2006 11:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
soccer_dude_28

Do you like my avatar? PM ME!

32 / Male / –
RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus
just wait 25 seconds! damn ppl are lazy these days.. WLM is free, and its always running fast.. just take what you can get!
07-20-2006 05:51 AM
Solar

RE: RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus
quote:
Originally posted by soccer_dude_28
just wait 25 seconds! damn ppl are lazy these days.. WLM is free, and its always running fast.. just take what you can get!

Most of us got a 2 minute wait..
07-20-2006 08:40 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by tbooh
So, I think that MPL have to check every contact I have when I log in, then it's very long and when the timer of MPL comes to an end, it let me see my contacts, at least, the contacts WLM has time to download.
No...

As stated before Messenger Plus! does not influence the sign-in process of Windows Live Messenger.

All the delays you people are experiencing come from Windows Live Messenger itself. This has got nothing todo with Messenger Plus! at all.

Currently there are some local server problems with Windows Live Messenger and that is what causing the sign in delay. Also the fact that Windows Live Messenger needs to refresh the contact list takes time.

If you uninstall Messenger Plus! and the problem seems gone that is only coincidence. Again, Messenger Plus! does not influence the signin process of Windows Live Messenger...

Also see: Connection Error.

PS: what can influence the starting up and signin time are scripts made by people. Disable those scripts in case you have some of them. But note that although this is a possible cause, the most likely cause is as described above.

This post was edited on 07-20-2006 at 08:54 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-20-2006 08:51 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
tbooh

I have 2 computers next to each other (a pc and a laptop:D). When I try to log in with my Hotmail account that has a large number of contacts on my pc (MPL is not installed on this one), everything is OK, but when I try on my laptop (MPL IS installed on it) 5 or 10 seconds later, it takes about 2 or more minutes to log????

Then I try to relog in from my pc and it's fine! :o

Servers of WLM can't be the problem.

Sorry *-), it seems to work today :|!

Hope the problem doesn't come back.
07-20-2006 10:37 AM
agithrax

O.P. RE: RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Messenger Plus! cannot interfere with the sign-in process of Messenger.

As for launching Messenger, it could be caused by scripts... do you have any installed? if so, try disabling them.

Firstly, i want to say very very thank you for this great program and thanks for your support.

I tried to remove the scripts (2 of them was installed) and tried to opening WLM with Plus! and it took 25 sec. again..

After i had uninstalled Plus!, it (WLM) became working proper and fast.

P.S. : People dont bother this topic about login delay or server problems please, that problem is not the one i am talking about..
07-21-2006 03:44 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
agithrax: please send me an email to mplus@patchou.com and we'll work on that together.
[Image: signature2.gif]
07-21-2006 04:11 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
omarplay

Has this problem been resolved yet? I'm having the exact same problem. My WLM starts extremely slow (20-30 seconds - that's a long time if you think about it) when I have Messenger Plus installed, but when I uninstall it then my WLM loads within 3 seconds :| very strange.

I remember having this problem before.. but somehow I fixed it. I remember searching for everything on my HD related to 'msn' and 'windows live' and deleted everything that showed up, and after that it was perfect. But now I have the same problem again (because I installed a fresh copy of XP Pro) but this time I can't get it to start faster :S

I don't know if your going to look into this just because one person (myself) has experienced this problem and it may just be my laptop alone, but I'm sure there are other people who experience this problem as well as me, but go along with it and think it's natural - when it's not!

Thank you in advance.

P.s - i cannot wait for Messenger Plus 4.8! :P
01-10-2009 01:57 PM
NanoChromatic

I'm hot cause I'm fly

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by omarplay
Has this problem been resolved yet? I'm having the exact same problem. My WLM starts extremely slow (20-30 seconds - that's a long time if you think about it) when I have Messenger Plus installed, but when I uninstall it then my WLM loads within 3 seconds :| very strange.

I remember having this problem before.. but somehow I fixed it. I remember searching for everything on my HD related to 'msn' and 'windows live' and deleted everything that showed up, and after that it was perfect. But now I have the same problem again (because I installed a fresh copy of XP Pro) but this time I can't get it to start faster :S

I don't know if your going to look into this just because one person (myself) has experienced this problem and it may just be my laptop alone, but I'm sure there are other people who experience this problem as well as me, but go along with it and think it's natural - when it's not!

Thank you in advance.

Holy... Nice Necro post. Anyway, Same thing happens to me, Its annoying.
Hope this is fixed.
[Image: editbytbgux9.png]
01-10-2009 03:19 PM
tbooh

RE: RE: delay about 25 sec. while openin ms live with plus
Hello,

I don't know how I resolved that problem, but it seams to disapear when you doesn't close MSN for a while. Messenger Plus! Live must do something with each contact when it logs for the first times.

Hope it doesn't stay that long for you!

quote:
Originally posted by omarplay

Thank you in advance.

01-10-2009 10:47 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: