What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Beta Release] Myspace + NOW WITH MSAGENT!

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
[Beta Release] Myspace + NOW WITH MSAGENT!
Author: Message:
BstrdSmkr

Earned. Never Given.

38 / Male / –
O.P. Cool  [Beta Release] Myspace + NOW WITH MSAGENT!
ok guys, here it is, the first Beta of Myspace +  (formerly NWA).  It's purpose is to alert you with a toast whenever you recieve a new message, friend request, blog post, or other such event on www.myspace.com    this is just a functional beta version, so don't expect anything too spactacular :)  credits and etc to those who were a big help in the coding will be added to the first full release.   Please let me know if you find a bug (probably quite a few lol), have a suggestion, feature request, etc.  Enjoy! 

TODO List:
1. add count checking;  current vs last--fixed! only alerts you to msgs/posts that the script hasn't seen before
2. add option for constant alert-----------fixed--sort of.  added toast when logging into myspace for the first time
3. add comment checking
4. add picture comment checking
5. fix password obfuscation----------------fixed! now hides ur password when typing
6. change NWA's to Myspace+------------fixed!
7. fix prefs window labeling----------------fixed! should now display correctly on all resolutions.

KNOWN BUGS:
1. "forgets" login information if you stop and restart the script, other than signing out/exiting WLM

the ms agent version attached is more alpha than beta and has a few (not dangerous, just annoying) quirks.  but it still works :D

.plsc File Attachment: Myspace + BETA.plsc (21.02 KB)
This file has been downloaded 295 time(s).

This post was edited on 07-28-2006 at 03:07 PM by BstrdSmkr.
07-17-2006 03:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: [Beta Release] Myspace +
The tickerbox things dissappeared when I put in my login information, they reappeared when I tabbed onto them...

Oh, and when you have no new messages/bullietens/etc, there should be a toast saying that... cause otherwise i don't have a clue if it's working.
07-17-2006 04:05 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
BstrdSmkr

Earned. Never Given.

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Beta Release] Myspace +
quote:
Originally posted by UTI
The tickerbox things dissappeared when I put in my login information, they reappeared when I tabbed onto them...

Oh, and when you have no new messages/bullietens/etc, there should be a toast saying that... cause otherwise i don't have a clue if it's working.

check the plus menu to see your current totals, otherwise it would pop off a toast everytime the interval came around. trust me, 5 toasts every minute gets old _VERY_ quick lol. 

as for the check boxes, i can't seem to recreate this behavior, although trying to think what might cause it, it may not happen again once you've set everything the first time b/c on the first run there are no settings for it to apply.  let me know if it goes away :)  i'll keep trying to recreate it
07-17-2006 04:14 AM
P4R4D0x

What about comments?
07-17-2006 10:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Jellings

34 / Male / –
When it checked my myspace i got a lot of toasts - too many for my screen, and they were about old messages i'd already checked a few hours ago. The "you have 1 new message" toast came up repeatedly until it went off the screen :s (screenshot)

Oh, and a comment and pic comment checker would be really nice.

+maybe there could be just one toast with something like:
"1M, 2FR, 3B, 4E, 5BL, 6C, 7PC"
With a key telling you what they mean in a help window:
(M-Messages, FR-Friend Requests, B-Blogs, E-Events, BL-Blogs, C-Comments, PC-Pic Comments)
just an idea to save the screen being flooded with posts.

This post was edited on 07-17-2006 at 10:53 AM by Jellings.
[Image: Jellings.png]

[Image: ++++-+Click+Here+-.png]
07-17-2006 10:48 AM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
Yes... I know... double post :dodgy:... but I managed to recreate it now.... and even though my log in information is right, it doesn't seem to work?... at all...

EDIT:... now it all seems to work perfectly fine? :p just took a little while longer than I expected.

.png File Attachment: untitled.PNG (15.69 KB)
This file has been downloaded 272 time(s).

This post was edited on 07-17-2006 at 03:58 PM by qgroessl.
07-17-2006 03:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
BstrdSmkr

Earned. Never Given.

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Beta Release] Myspace +
@ P4R4D0x  &  Jellings--   comment and pic checker are on the todo list :D

@ Jellings--  i found the problem, its popping a toast for every page of messages you have, i'm going to set it to check the current msg count vs the last msg count and only pop is its greater. only drawback (feature?) is that will only alert you once, after that you'll have to look at the menu to see your count.  could miss it if your afk, etc

@ UTI--   i'll out the option on the todo list, it'll take some time b/c i'll have to restructure the count checking

i'll start on this when i get off work tonight!

{EDIT}  UTI--   i think i found the problem, my XML is le poopoo lol. try increasing your screen resolution and see if it doesn't go away. if that fixes it, then i can fix the problem tonight when i get home

This post was edited on 07-17-2006 at 04:03 PM by BstrdSmkr.
07-17-2006 03:59 PM
x_master_r

what's NWA's :$
07-17-2006 06:09 PM
ben_b

– / Male / –
RE: RE: [Beta Release] Myspace +
quote:
Originally posted by x_master_r
what's NWA's :$

Never Work Again

Do you think we could hide the value in the password field? In the menu, if the option for something isn't checked you should probably remove that item from the menu. What happenends if you check something to enable it but leave the value at 0? To solve the problem of missing the toast you could have an option to keep showing it ever x minutes until you click it (make optional in options, also I don't think you can do this but if you can just have it display it until you click it (to go to page and stop toasts) or right-click it (to hide and stop toasts)).

Also... the options dialog shouldn't let you open it more than once at a time.
07-17-2006 07:20 PM
cloudhunter

36 / – / –
I think what UTI suggested about a toast for no new messages is a good idea... Maybe when the script is first started, or first logged in rather (or on messenger sign in...), it pops up a toast saying you have no new messages? Just a thought ;)

Cloudy
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6699 days, 8 hours, 45 minutes, 21 seconds ago
07-18-2006 02:01 AM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode