What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » help with an essay, everyone will be able to contribute.

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
help with an essay, everyone will be able to contribute.
Author: Message:
blondee93

RE: help with an essay, everyone will be able to contribute.
i think that if you are gay, then that is your choice! personally i think the idea of having a relationship with another girl really nasty but if some people like this idea then it doesn't mean i will judge them any differently. The only problem is, if i was by a lesbian, i would feel very uncomfortable as they might fancy you or something. In my school there is this lesbian and she has been asking people to go out with her and asking them on dates and stuff. I think that is wrong as it makes other people feel guilty when they say no and also it makes them uncomfortable with that person.
Apparantly girls get on better with gay men because gay men can be quite feminine but they are not quite as bitchy as girls and stuff.
That is my view hope it helps you x x x
07-19-2006 11:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
alexp2_ad
Scripting Contest Winner

Who love the chocolate?

36 / Male / –
RE: RE: help with an essay, everyone will be able to contribute.
quote:
Originally posted by Time
An interesting thing most people never realise is that both concepts of evolution and religion consider homosexuality wrong. Interesting, huh? I tend, as a scientist, to agree with evolution/biology... homosexuality does not allow for procreation and continuance of a species thus I would frown upon it. But as a liberal person *shrug* it's down to you, it's your life to live and enjoy in whichever way you see fit. I would not judge anyone because they were gay or whatnot, I discriminate based on individual merits or lack thereof.

Actually, I read an article the other day that pointed out that surely if homosexuality was an evolutionary fault, it would have been stamped out by now, and it would be unlikely to be noticeable in other species.  It suggested that homosexuals provided an essential social factor helping the overall survival of the species.  Whether or not nice curtains and show tunes are an essential social factor I'll let you decide. :P

Not sure whether I'd agree that evolution would bring out homosexuality, but it does make an interesting point... the whole point of evolution is if it doesn't benefit the species then it's fixed, so why is homosexuality still here if it's not meant to be?

This post was edited on 07-19-2006 at 11:55 AM by alexp2_ad.
07-19-2006 11:49 AM
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: help with an essay, everyone will be able to contribute.
By saying that you have alex, you're also saying that homosexuality is genetic, because evolution only stamps out genetic traits that are detrimental to the organism's survival.

Homosexuality could be something that is learned, or it could be something (as some theories suggest) that is cause by chemical inbalances in the brain that begin in the womb. But I highly doubt that it's genetic, or, as you say, it would have been bred out of the species already.
07-19-2006 12:20 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blondee93
In my school there is this lesbian and she has been asking people to go out with her and asking them on dates and stuff. I think that is wrong as it makes other people feel guilty when they say no and also it makes them uncomfortable with that person.
It's not wrong at all. What's wrong is the fact that people feel uncomfortable about it afterwards.
quote:
Originally posted by blondee93
Apparantly girls get on better with gay men because gay men can be quite feminine but they are not quite as bitchy as girls and stuff.
Oh, they can be bitchier, trust me on this ;)
quote:
Originally posted by lordy
But I highly doubt that it's genetic, or, as you say, it would have been bred out of the species already.
And yet homosexuality isn't just present, it's rife in numerous species. It's just that we humans, with our 'culture' and 'knowledge', have made a big deal out of something that, to be quite frank, it as normal as breathing.

Edit: In fact, it's possible to view homosexuality as something that's beneficial, as it allows infants to learn the procreation skills necessary without too much competition.

This post was edited on 07-19-2006 at 12:32 PM by RaceProUK.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-19-2006 12:31 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
alexp2_ad
Scripting Contest Winner

Who love the chocolate?

36 / Male / –
I definitely would put nature over nurture as the reason.

http://www.borndifferent.org/  :P
07-19-2006 12:40 PM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
What people don't understand is that man isn't man made -- anything you do is natural, we're just another species. Though, considering there are male and female, and for just about every sort of animal it's for reproduction, i lean away from homosexuality and bisexuality relationship wise.

This post was edited on 07-19-2006 at 01:22 PM by ShawnZ.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
07-19-2006 01:19 PM
Omar
Spammin' Member!

I have Chrono in my hands! MWAHAHA!!

47 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
What people don't understand is that man isn't man made -- anything you do is natural, we're just another species. Though, considering there are male and female, and for just about every sort of animal it's for reproduction, i lean away from homosexuality and bisexuality relationship wise.
I actually agree with shawnz... :|

But... whatever floats your boat as long as its consensual... Im not bother by gay/bi people...
Comunidad Hispana Oficial del Messenger Plus!  
TReKiE, you might as well face it... you are a dutchie (clogs, tulips and all that) :banana:
07-19-2006 01:35 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
I agree with Omar and shawnz, It doesn't make any difference what your sexual orientation is. Its no different from anything else. It's up to you if you want to be straight, gay, bi. Your choice, your rules etc.

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK

And yet homosexuality isn't just present, it's rife in numerous species. It's just that we humans, with our 'culture' and 'knowledge', have made a big deal out of something that, to be quite frank, it as normal as breathing.

Exactly.

We humans make to much of a big deal out of things like this. Get over it. (directed towards people who have things against gays.)

This post was edited on 07-19-2006 at 01:54 PM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
07-19-2006 01:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
I blame religion personally. Think about it: strict Catholicism forbids homosexuality, as does strict Islam. Probably all the other major ones too.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-19-2006 03:48 PM
alexp2_ad
Scripting Contest Winner

Who love the chocolate?

36 / Male / –
RE: RE: help with an essay, everyone will be able to contribute.
quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
I blame religion personally. Think about it: strict Catholicism forbids homosexuality, as does strict Islam. Probably all the other major ones too.

Religion has a lot to answer for if ya ask me. :(
07-19-2006 04:17 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: