What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Hide MSN bug

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Hide MSN bug
Author: Message:
Brad Purchase

O.P. Hide MSN bug
Hello,

There seems to be a bit of a problem with the "Lock MSN Messenger" feature. It's been present since the extension was first released. You should only be able to lock MSN Messenger within MSN Messenger, since you can lock MSN through a key combination (ex: ctrl + t). This comes in conflict with other programs/resources/applications that may be running in the background. For example, IRC. You could have a IRC command that happens to be the same as your Lock MSN Shortcut, which would lock your MSN without you knowing. This is a bug which really needs to be fixed.

Thought I'd through that out there,
Brad
07-23-2006 02:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Hide MSN bug
That is why the key combination is customiable so if you do have this problem you can change it to something else.
[Image: markee.png]
07-23-2006 02:41 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cooldude_i06

I'm so cool I worry myself.

– / Male / –
How is this a bug? Are you saying that Plus! should recognize if a key combination is used by any other program and not use it? That is impossible.
[Image: clb2.jpg]
07-23-2006 02:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Brad Purchase

O.P. RE: Hide MSN bug
Thanks for the reply, but that's barely a good response.

It's great it's customizable, that makes the extension flexible. However, when there is a conflict, or even the slightest chance of this happening, the best thing to do is jump on it and perhaps make it an internal locking.

@cooldude_i06: Nothing is impossible. Just think; instead of being able to lock MSN from anywhere within Windows, why not restrict it to within MSN only. It's like Opera, you can only hide it from within the browser.

This post was edited on 07-23-2006 at 02:48 AM by Brad Purchase.
07-23-2006 02:46 AM
andrey
elite shoutboxer

– / Male / Flag
no, because a lock or 'boss protection' would be pretty useless when you can only lock messenger when the window is active.
the point is that you can easily and quickly hide messenger, regardless if it's active or not.
(sry, should've read that post twice :tongue:)

to avoid conflicts, you can change or disable the shortcut, it's really not Messenger Plus!'s job to see if this shortcut is used already..

[Image: attachment.php?pid=700600]

.png File Attachment: lock.png (33.51 KB)
This file has been downloaded 2596 time(s).

This post was edited on 07-23-2006 at 04:06 AM by andrey.
[Image: w2kzw8qp-sq2_dz_b_xmas.png]
07-23-2006 02:53 AM
Brad Purchase

I think people are missing the point here.

What I'm saying is, hell, you could have (ctrl + t) as your shortcut on any program on your computer, but if you're in MSN, you can still lock MSN if your shortcut is (ctrl + t).

Understand now? If you do, I'll at least know you know what I'm talking about...
07-23-2006 03:35 AM
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Brad Purchase

What I'm saying is, hell, you could have (ctrl + t) as your shortcut on any program on your computer, but if you're in MSN, you can still lock MSN if your shortcut is (ctrl + t).

I can see the point you are making, but is it really worth adding functionality to isolate the action away from Messenger unless it is 'showing' or 'active'? It seems too much work for too little achievement in my opinion...
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

07-23-2006 03:55 AM
Brad Purchase

Finally, someone who understands. :)

Well, I guess if it will take up time that could be used for life/other features, its not worth it. :P
07-23-2006 03:57 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
We understand, but we are saying this is the user's responsibility to use a short-cut that does not interfere with their other applications rather than messenger plus! as it is way too difficult to do.  This is not a bug as it is expected.  I hope you understand.
[Image: markee.png]
07-23-2006 03:59 AM
Brad Purchase

Ah, okay. I didn't know as I don't code anything other than web applications. :P
07-23-2006 04:02 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: