What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [request] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not...

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
[request] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not...
Author: Message:
CaroV

O.P. [request] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not...
Hello,

If I am using Gradient with codes or anything else that only works if the receiver also had Plus! installed, and this person doesn't have Plus!, he/she will only see a lot of codes, instead of (for example) colors in my text or nick. Is it possible to make a script that makes it possible for me to know whether someone has Plus! or not...? For example by typing the command /Plus? that a little pop-up-screen comes up and tells me whether Plus! is installed at the contact's pc or not, that way I can decide to (or not to) use codings in my texts...

Please let me know if 1. this is possible, 2. someone can make this script for me (I really am a layman an that point), 3. it already exists (then please tell me where I can find it).

Thank you in advance for the help!

Greets, CaroV.

This post was edited on 07-27-2006 at 03:33 PM by CaroV.
07-27-2006 10:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Intosia

I'm dynamic ^^

40 / Male / –
RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not...
Well there isnt a real checker for it, the only thing i know is send /ping, if the user response with Pong! then he has Plus :P

So no, there is no way to get a list with members that has it or not.
07-27-2006 10:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CaroV

O.P. RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not...
Thanks, but maybe I had to be more specific. Using the ping-pong function will only tell me whether someone has Plus, but then I don't know whether they have Live-Plus or not... Because the codings I use are only for WLM and MSG-live-plus! so if they have an earlier version of MSN with Plus, I still don't know whether they are able to see my colors or that they only see a bunch of weird codes... Is there really nothing else I can use to get this knowledge?
Thnx!
07-27-2006 10:23 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not...
quote:
Originally posted by CaroV
Is there really nothing else I can use to get this knowledge?
no...

As for your colors, use IRC-style format codes instead of the BBCode style. IRC-style format codes are compatible with all Plus! versions.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-27-2006 10:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CaroV

O.P. RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not...
So just to be on the safe side, instead of using codes like [c=1][a=1][/a=2][/c=2] etc, which I'm using now, I should work with ·$(number) ? But by using those codes, am I able to let my colors run into the other color, let's call it the 'rainbow'-effect... Is that possible using the ·$-codes?
Thnx again.
07-27-2006 12:50 PM
Squelettor

RE: RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not...
quote:
So just to be on the safe side, instead of using codes like [c=1][a=1][/a=2][/c=2] etc, which I'm using now, I should work with ·$(number) ? But by using those codes, am I able to let my colors run into the other color, let's call it the 'rainbow'-effect... Is that possible using the ·$-codes?
Thnx again.

I think that it is possible because ColorNick make it...
07-27-2006 01:04 PM
CaroV

Isn't colornick a plugin for the older Plus!-versions? Untill now I haven't found a script that is able to work with codes that can be read by both Plus-live as older-plus-versions...
07-27-2006 01:08 PM
Squelettor

RE: RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not...
quote:
Isn't colornick a plugin for the older Plus!-versions?
Yes
07-27-2006 01:13 PM
CaroV

So what should I use then? Seen the fact that I am using the live-version?

This post was edited on 07-27-2006 at 01:15 PM by CaroV.
07-27-2006 01:15 PM
Squelettor

quote:
So what should I use then? Seen the fact that I am using the live-version?

Just look how it work :

Carpe Diem in "rainbow"-effect :

·$4C·$#F53600a·$#EC6C00r·$#E2A200p·$#D9D900e ·$#E2A200D·$#EC6C00i·$#F53600e·$4m

This post was edited on 07-27-2006 at 01:18 PM by Squelettor.
07-27-2006 01:17 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: