What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Has anyone here got....

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Has anyone here got....
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Has anyone here got....
Guild Wars: Factions is an add-on to the first, but you won't need the first game to play it. It's basically got all of the original game in it (as you would have to with an MMORPG and also the latest additions to the game.

Apparently it's a very good game. When looking for new games, try looking through reviews on www.gamespot.com or www.ign.com
08-05-2006 08:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stoshrocket

formerly methos

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Has anyone here got....
Bah, i'm a guild wars addict.

Guild Wars has a campaign called 'Prophecies' which tells the story of you playing through the flameseeker prophecies in a land called Tyria... Very good game, i loved it and have quite a few top level characters. Also, alot of things have come out so you can do lots of other stuff when you hit level 20 and complete the campaign (ie, going to do the uber hard quests in Sorrow's Furnace).

Guild Wars Factions is a seperate campaign called 'Factions'. You get two new professions as well, and it's set in a different land, the land of 'Cantha' which is, in my opinion, not as good as Tyria. There are two different Factions that you can side with if you belong to a guild to help win over land (there is an ever changing border between the two factions within Cantha). You can either play this as a seperate game, with a seperate account, or you can join the two games together if you have both. If you join them together you have 6 player slots instead of the normal 4, and you can also travel between Cantha and Tyria via a boat from Lion's Arch in tyria (not too sure on the place in Cantha).

In my opinion, Factions is average at best, but the original Prophecies campaign is awesome. It's pretty cool having the new professions and lands to explore if you are used to the first one but i still find the original a much better play.
formerly methos
08-05-2006 10:22 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: