What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility

Pages: (25): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
4 votes - 4 average   [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility
Author: Message:
BlackRider

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts
The real advantage of having someone's IP is so you can confirm it's them when they talk to you. Unfortunately, starting a game or file transfer to get it isn't very practical.

Nice script though.
11-09-2006 04:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
tintin814

is it possible to identity the IPs and the contacts?
11-09-2006 04:10 PM
Fuse

Wax on..Wax off

32 / Male / –
my wlm just freezes when i try to import the script :(
Two fish in a tank. One turns to the other and says "Do you know how to drive this thing?"
11-20-2006 08:27 PM
Vashu

Hello, nice scripts but there's a few things i would like to ask.

The scripts shows some ESTABLISHED connections with some of my contacts ( doing a "whois" i can notice that the IPs are from my country ISPs), but the thing is that i'm not sending or receiving anything... so i don't understand why would i have active connections with any IP other than Microsofts'? i can refresh as many times i want and the connections are still there :P

do you know why this happends?

btw, sorry for my bad english :P

Thanks a lot !
12-25-2006 11:53 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Vashu
but the thing is that i'm not sending or receiving anything...
you are not sending or recieving _messages_.... Though Messenger is sending and recieving stuff all the time, like display pictures updates, contact information updates, screen names, pinging, etc... Also, not all connections go thru a msn server, some, and if possible, go to a direct connection, which is ofcourse way faster.

Bottom line: under the hood, messenger is doing stuff all the time, eventhough you're not sending or recieving messages. Messages are only one small part of the whole thing (especially now that features like sharing folders, roaming profiles, contact info subscriptions, etc are available).

This is actually the exact same issue why things like open window notifiers don't work anymore. All the people see is if _they_ send or recieve a message or when _they_ open a conversation window. But they forget that _messenger_ is doing, and must be doing, stuff all the time under the hood to let it work (which triggers false alerts in such notifiers, etc).

This post was edited on 12-26-2006 at 12:11 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-26-2006 12:06 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Vashu

RE: RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
but the thing is that i'm not sending or receiving anything...
you are not sending or recieving _messages_.... Though Messenger is sending and recieving stuff all the time, like display pictures updates, contact information updates, screen names, pinging, etc... Also, not all connections go thru a msn server, some, and if possible, go to a direct connection, which is ofcourse way faster.

Bottom line: under the hood, messenger is doing stuff all the time, eventhough you're not sending or recieving messages. Messages are only one small part of the whole thing (especially now that features like sharing folders, roaming profiles, contact info subscriptions, etc are available).

This is actually the exact same issue why things like open window notifiers don't work anymore. All the people see is if _they_ send or recieve a message or when _they_ open a conversation window. But they forget that _messenger_ is doing, and must be doing, stuff all the time under the hood to let it work (which triggers false alerts in such notifiers, etc).

Thx for the reply.
Yes i know msn is doing stuff all the time, but i don't know why it keeps established connections for such a long time with other contacts which im not sending files or anything? I know it uses direct connection for downloading DP for example, but after that it should close the connection or i am wrong??
Well... i'm not an msn expert... it just called my atention... i don't know if you could help me understand ^^

Thx a lot for your reply :D
12-26-2006 07:57 PM
prikky69

45 / Male / –
when they direct connection. can they steal my info from my computer
01-12-2007 10:18 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts
quote:
Thx for the reply.
Yes i know msn is doing stuff all the time, but i don't know why it keeps established connections for such a long time with other contacts which im not sending files or anything? I know it uses direct connection for downloading DP for example, but after that it should close the connection or i am wrong??
Well... i'm not an msn expert... it just called my atention... i don't know if you could help me understand ^^
It might also be possible that the DP or whatever else messenger recieves or sends (eg: sharing folders, contact info, etc) isn't recieved or send properly and so it tries again. And because of some bug this process repeats itself over and over again... or something like that. I dunno either, but something like this would be a very plausible explanation why.

quote:
Originally posted by prikky69
when they direct connection. can they steal my info from my computer
that is paranoid nonsense.

This post was edited on 01-21-2007 at 02:25 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-21-2007 02:24 AM
mula2001

thanks, im very nice :)
02-18-2007 04:18 PM
xamve

47 / Male / –
Huh?  Script stopped
Hi guys, i have a problem trying to get ipget in my messenger, i have gone as far as importing it but then i receive an error message which says that the script has been sttoped.

I checked in the plus preferences and i can see the script but it shows a message next to it ""stopped"

let me show you:

[Image: problema%20script_eng.JPG]

I have uninstalled and installed mgnplus.
I have uninstalled the script and installed again.
Also i have dowloaded the script a cuple of times and nothing seems to help.

Help please!

Thanks
02-24-2007 05:49 PM
Pages: (25): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: