What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Online Chat Logger

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
[Release] Online Chat Logger
Author: Message:
rob_botch

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Online Chat Logger
That is a very good idea. My other (more developed) script AnswerPhone FTP has these. I will try to include them here, too.

Thank you.

Robert
08-03-2006 11:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Online Chat Logger
Why don't you just upload the Plus! chatlogs?
08-03-2006 12:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
rob_botch

33 / Male / Flag
That was an idea that I thought about, but it has two problems as far as I can see.

[list=1]
[*]Users save them in different places, so the script would need to ask the user where they are
[*]They are less flexible to the script. In the future, the script may have more advanced features, such as only logging certain users, or at certain times, or deleting individual messages.
[/list]

If I was able to work around the first of these, then this would be a possibility. However, I would not want the script to ask the user too much, to preserve stability.

Thank you anyway

Robert
08-03-2006 02:03 PM
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
(1) The path is stored in the registry:
HKCU\\Software\\Patchou\\Messenger Plus! Live\\<email>\\Preferences\\LogDirectory

(2) You only have to upload the ones with certain users, and if you want to modify it just copy the file to another directory, change it, and then upload it. If they're XHTML you can delete individual messages easily, and they contain times so you can only keep the certain times.
08-03-2006 03:40 PM
rob_botch

33 / Male / Flag
The problem with modifying them manually is the encryption (which is the point of this thread!). I would have to decrypt them, modify them, and then encrypt them again. It would probably be easier to create them, modify them and then encrypt them. Because if the existing logs are encrypted, then it's unlikely that they could be easily decrypted. And anyway, I wouldn't have thought that Patchou would like a program / script published that undoes his feature (encryption).

Robert
08-03-2006 04:05 PM
jabetizo

you could make the chatfile.xml an index file, which would include hyperlinks to daily logs per-contact

also, it would be nice if the user could specify the maximum size per file and when that size is reached a new file is started
08-04-2006 08:59 AM
rob_botch

33 / Male / Flag
Well, I could try some of those things. But first I think that I will add some more basic features, such as a time / date stamp.

Good ideas though!

Robert
08-04-2006 09:15 AM
neohunter

was so nice until the file comes to 50kb and i need to wait about 10 seconds for every messege i send or receive...

There is no way to just upload the last message and not the full log?...  if not, why you dont think in a server side script, may a php....  may you can send the last message using POST

and... there is no anyway to send the emoticons and the text formal (colors and type fonts)??

This post was edited on 08-14-2006 at 05:35 PM by neohunter.
08-14-2006 05:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
jabetizo

yeah, it really gets laggy with time.. i think you should impliment a file size limit
08-14-2006 07:03 PM
rob_botch

33 / Male / Flag
Sorry, everyone. I feel I need to make this apology about lagginess. I only noticed this after submitting the script. It now works on a simple timer, uploading every 5 minutes or so. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy ready for uploading yet. I'll post here when I do.

RObert
08-21-2006 07:34 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: