What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Updated] Live Notifier V1.10 (formerly Convo Notifier)

Pages: (47): « First « 25 26 27 28 [ 29 ] 30 31 32 33 » Last »
3 votes - 3.33 average   [Updated] Live Notifier V1.10 (formerly Convo Notifier)
Author: Message:
kryp2nyt

39 / – / –
RE: [Updated] Live Notifier V1.10 (formerly Convo Notifier)
lool...

So is there any hopes of a logger? :D
11-08-2006 10:53 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dave

33 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: [Updated] Live Notifier V1.10 (formerly Convo Notifier)
quote:
Originally posted by ivyoh and have you heard about dsl and cable internet? the stuff that allows you to be constantly connected to the internet but not necessarily meaning to sit across the computer 24/7 ?

yes, but if you aren't using the pc, then surely advanced warning of someone starting a convo with you wouldn't be that useful?  Wouldn't you find out what they said to you when you returned to the computer?
PC Model: HP dv9340ea
WLM version: 14
MP!L version: 4.81
11-08-2006 05:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
chairmenbored

hi..im new here..is there any possible way of making the 'convo notifier' leaves - the chat window - open when a contect clicks on you and also  notifies you when the contact closes the chat window, instead of givin the  toast.
so this way i will know who clicked on me even when im not around the computer..
11-08-2006 06:50 PM
Dave

33 / Male / Flag
logging the event would do that - that is what we're talking about at the moment.  i still don't see why you'd want to know if someone started a convo with you long after the event though...
11-08-2006 06:58 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by kryp2nyt
So is there any hopes of a logger? :D
There are more scripts than this one which notify you of sessions being opened. IIRC, this script (Live Notifier) is even the only one which does not log into the events window. Search the forum for the other scripts.

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
yes, but if you aren't using the pc, then surely advanced warning of someone starting a convo with you wouldn't be that useful?  Wouldn't you find out what they said to you when you returned to the computer?
The point is that you see who started a convo with you but didn't sent something while you were away from the PC...obviously

* CookieRevised slaps Dave :p

PS: such script are not reliable at all to show who openend a conversation with you because that is simply not possible anymore. All such scripts do is showing when a session is opened. A session can be much more things than a conversation being started (and in practice, most notifications of open sessions are not convos being started).

This post was edited on 11-08-2006 at 07:21 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-08-2006 07:17 PM
kryp2nyt

39 / – / –
You're missing something here.

Convo notifier somehow can sniff out people who are appearing offline :D

A logger will be useful to see who actually appeared offline despite the fact we are not on our PC's.

Don't you agree?

NOTE: sometimes we are even too busy to look at the toasts. So let them be logged for later view.
11-08-2006 07:21 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
You're missing something here.

Convo notifier somehow can sniff out people who are appearing offline :D

A logger will be useful to see who actually appeared offline despite the fact we are not on our PC's.

Don't you agree?

NOTE: sometimes we are even too busy to look at the toasts. So let them be logged for later view.
There is not a single script or tool which can say who is appearing offline and who's not!!

The only thing which may come close is a tool or script which can say for certain if someone is appearing offline (and note that there is a difference between this and the first paragraph!!!).

With the use of a sniffer you can be notified if a certain contact is "appearing offline" instead of being "offline". But that, in _no_ way!, means that the other offline contacts are truely "offline"; some of them can also be "appearing offline".

You can not assume that someone is truely offline because you didn't recieved a notification. This is not possible...

.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-08-2006 07:38 PM
Dave

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
The point is that you see who started a convo with you but didn't sent something while you were away from the PC...obviously

* CookieRevised slaps Dave :p

I don't think so - why would I care if someone opened a convo with me and then decided not to say anything?  Is the idea that i go back 5 hours later and say, 'Ha, you opened a window with me 5 hours ago.'  Do people have the time and effort to do this?

quote:

Don't you agree?

No, I don't agree.  What possible use could I have for this information other than to make a similar comment to the one above: '3 hrs ago you were appearing offline, weren't you?'  As for being to busy to look at the toasts, do people really trawl through their event logs periodically, finding out if people were, at some point in the recent past, appearing offline.  I don't see how this is any quicker than viewing your toasts.  More to the point, I still don't really see why you'd care.  If they are appearing offline, then they don't want to talk to people, and while there would be some merit in a script that tells you when they are appearing offline (so you can talk to them anyway), informing you of this several hours after the event seems slightly irrelevant.
11-08-2006 08:03 PM
ivy

Well Dave I believe that the actual idea behind is "notifiers" is not getting notified a few seconds before someone sends you a message, you'll see it anyway. Actually this kind of notifier is useless. what are you going to do with such a notification? are you going to say "aa my friend is going to send me a message in 5 seconds so I'll better get into typing position". Of course not.

The main logic is to see that who is checking you out. we have nicknames, personal messages, display pictures, contact cards, msn spaces and we change them from time to time. but which of our friends are checking us out? see looking to these things all cause "sessions" and they cause notifications (even if they may be wrong sometimes) and that's why a lot people love this script and alot of people ask for a logger.

let me give you an example. let's say that you have your friends on myspace. wouldn't you you check their profiles from time to time to see if they have added new pictures etc? when you login to the myspace it says "this profile has been viewed .... times". assume that there is a girl that you like. wouldn't you want to know whether or not that girl is coming to your profile page?

it is the same logic here, we just want to know who is checking us out, I don't think that anybody goes and say "hey you opened a window with me", I personally never confront people, I never tell anybody that I have such a script. It is for my own personal curiosity for the above reasons that I stated and I would really like this script to have a event logger of some sort.
11-09-2006 05:33 AM
Dave

33 / Male / Flag
hmmm, i see your point.  But given the lack of accuracy of the notifier, i wouldn't have thought that this is particularly useful.
11-09-2006 06:06 PM
Pages: (47): « First « 25 26 27 28 [ 29 ] 30 31 32 33 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: