What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Updated] Live Notifier V1.10 (formerly Convo Notifier)

Pages: (47): « First « 29 30 31 32 [ 33 ] 34 35 36 37 » Last »
3 votes - 3.33 average   [Updated] Live Notifier V1.10 (formerly Convo Notifier)
Author: Message:
chronic student

the frightening cause of AMI

38 / Female / –
RE: [Updated] Live Notifier V1.10 (formerly Convo Notifier)
oopps sorry.. ive just read that MP!L 4.10 is entirely compatible with Windows Live Messenger 8.1 but i dont like WLM thats why i dont need to use "live notifier", i have msn messenger 7.5 and MP! 3 and stuffplug - so i think that's enough for me :) am i wright :D
Love me, cause inside im slowly dyin'...
12-04-2006 07:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tanya21

– / Female / –
thanks guys, its working:))) ciao!
12-05-2006 12:19 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
chronic student and Tanya21,

What this and every other openconvo notifier does (including the one in StuffPlug, chronicstudent) is showing you a notification when someone opens a SESSION with you. This is certainly not the same as an OPEN CONVO notification.

Showing only opened convo notifications is since a very long time impossible.

A session is opened not only when a contact opens a conversation with you but also whenever the contact looks at your contact card, when he looks at your display picture for the first time, etc. But they are also triggered by Messenger itself, the contact doesn't even need to be at his PC on that time.

It is impossible to see the difference between all these notifications and thus it is impossible for a program or tool to show you only "open convo" notifications. It is simply not possible...

Such tools and programs like these give you only a false notion that the contact has opened a convo with you or that he is "checking you out".

Dispite what some people say it is not possible to filter out the correct notification from the false ones.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-05-2006 12:38 AM
chronic student

the frightening cause of AMI

38 / Female / –
thanks CookieRevised yes its actually not a convo notifier.
i just wanted to know should i upgrade my msn messenger or not. but my msn messenger is fine. thanks again :)
Love me, cause inside im slowly dyin'...
12-05-2006 06:23 PM
Dave

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by chronic student

i just wanted to know should i upgrade my msn messenger or not. but my msn messenger is fine. thanks again :)
if you mean upgrade to windows live, then yes, i would, but upgrading to v.8.1 BETA isn't really worth it.

Also, if anyone is bored of the random notifications that live notifier gives you, you may want to consider a script called Notifier: Typing, which tells you when someone starts typing you a message, not just opens a session. (link is somewhere on the forums website i think, i'll be back with the thread url)
PC Model: HP dv9340ea
WLM version: 14
MP!L version: 4.81
12-05-2006 07:15 PM
Tanya21

– / Female / –
is there a script or something to prevent people with all these scripts from actually detecting you? does something like this exist or is it not possible?
12-06-2006 12:50 AM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Also, if anyone is bored of the random notifications that live notifier gives you, you may want to consider a script called Notifier: Typing, which tells you when someone starts typing you a message, not just opens a session. (link is somewhere on the forums website i think, i'll be back with the thread url)

CookieRevised's Reply to [request]Key press notifier - Possibly my favourite script ever

quote:
Originally posted by Tanya21
is there a script or something to prevent people with all these scripts from actually detecting you? does something like this exist or is it not possible?

I doubt it is easy/possible to do. There isn't anything they can do with a notification though (and with all the false negatives it makes it even more obscure)

This post was edited on 12-06-2006 at 04:01 AM by Spunky.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
12-06-2006 03:59 AM
Dave

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Tanya21
i wouldn't have thought that would be possible - the whole point of msn is that it allows your computer to contact others and vice versa.  The only way to stop other people getting notifications from you would be to not use msn i think.
PC Model: HP dv9340ea
WLM version: 14
MP!L version: 4.81
12-06-2006 06:25 PM
Cloud

the script works but its not very accurate... i tested it by opening 2 messengers and clicking my own name... and i dont even get a notification... i only get one when i send the the message... back when i was using stuffplug with msn 7.5... it worked perfectly...
12-09-2006 04:46 AM
AmbulanceX

[ rip the jacker ]

34 / Male / –
yes cloud, the days of 100% correctness are now imposable, but its better than nothing x100
Bulimic rainbows vomit what?, Burn Piano Island Burn!
12-12-2006 04:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (47): « First « 29 30 31 32 [ 33 ] 34 35 36 37 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: