What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Updated] Live Notifier V1.10 (formerly Convo Notifier)

Pages: (47): « First « 21 22 23 24 [ 25 ] 26 27 28 29 » Last »
3 votes - 3.33 average   [Updated] Live Notifier V1.10 (formerly Convo Notifier)
Author: Message:
jmccarroll

39 / Male / –
RE: [Updated] Live Notifier V1.10 (formerly Convo Notifier)
quote:
Originally posted by Mentoz
Hi,
i downloaded this script about an  2 hours ago and it keeps on saying it has encountered an error and needs to close and its done it about 4 times in a hour but when i deleted this script it hasnt done it yet in 30mins
But it shoudnt ben doing this so..help please
Read a little through the thread.  Something messed up when he added some of the other notifiers.

Use Convo Notifier v1.02 instead.
09-24-2006 05:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dave

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by kie
Excuse me. How i can open the setting windows?
Tell me please.
Thank you very much!
click on the messenger plus logo at the top of your contact list page, and then go down to Live notifier, and another menu will pop out the side, and click settings.
PC Model: HP dv9340ea
WLM version: 14
MP!L version: 4.81
09-24-2006 09:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nucks

Just a note, not sure if it's been said before.
Occasionally when using this you get toats from a few people that aren't even on your list. And I have the "contacts not on my list can't see me" option enabled so I know that's not supposed to happen.

Overal though it's pretty accurate, but the frequent toasts from the "non existant users" was enough for me to uninstall it.
09-24-2006 10:07 PM
creepy675298

I keep getting pop ups.
Some of these are offline. And loads aren't opening convos because they're not at the computer, and such, and it still pops up? ¬.¬
09-25-2006 05:39 PM
Dave

33 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Updated] Live Notifier V1.10 (formerly Convo Notifier)
quote:
Originally posted by creepy675298
I keep getting pop ups.
Some of these are offline. And loads aren't opening convos because they're not at the computer, and such, and it still pops up? ¬.¬

could you explain the problem a little more clearly?  How can a pop-up not be at the computer?  Can you distinguish whether a pop-up is online or offline - i thought they were sort of neutral?  When you say pop-ups, do you mean toasts?  What do you mean exactly?
PC Model: HP dv9340ea
WLM version: 14
MP!L version: 4.81
09-25-2006 07:14 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Dave
What do you mean exactly?

I think he means he gets toasts saying someone has opened a session with him, when they're offline. I guess this could be caused by them appearing offline as opposed to actually being offline. If this was the case, I'd use the Offline Blocker script, which should stop you from having any connection with them whilst they are "offline".
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-25-2006 11:43 PM
creepy675298

Yeh thats what I mean, i'm not sure if they are appearing offline though. And I have contacts that aren't at they're computer, and keep getting "Opened a conversation with me"..?
09-26-2006 05:41 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
May I again note that ANY open convo notifier will produce MANY false positives.

The reason for this is that there is NO open convo notifier which will work correctly since it is not possible anymore (since a very long time) because of how the protocol works.

You get the false positives because of many reasons. the ONLY thing these notifiers do is showing you when a session is opened.

A session is NOT an open convo, it can be many more things. Yes, vice versa, an open convo is also an open session but there are extremely many events which will trigger open sessions.

And as I predicted some time ago, more and more sessions are opening and closing all the time, resulting in such scripts/plugins/addons like this to be less and less accurate.

And no, there is NO way to destinguish between a true open convo notification and another one, despite what some people say.

File sends, Sharing folders, display picture updates, contact info updates, etc all trigger sessions to be opened (and because the sharing folders feature requires constant polling and checking you will even get notifications around the clock for certain people).

In short: nothing can be done to fix it, as there is nothing to fix.

The only thing which needs to be change is people using and interpreting or trying to interpret these things as "open convo notifiers" as that is NOT what they will do.

This post was edited on 09-26-2006 at 06:56 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-26-2006 06:54 AM
pascalnouma

How can I translate to another language?
I have already german.xml file but can not  do this?

We can I make this?

thank
09-30-2006 02:18 PM
rainbow

HAHAA, i was in MSN and after a while appears a toast message saying that one of my contacts has started a conversation with me....then i realize that that contact isnt online, so i go to the offline contacts and open a chat window and ask "are you there?", after a bit he comes and says "how the hell did you know!?!?!?!?!??!".
LOLOL awsome script (Y) :D
10-02-2006 06:57 PM
Pages: (47): « First « 21 22 23 24 [ 25 ] 26 27 28 29 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: