What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] PSM+ 4

Pages: (17): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 10 11 » Last »
[Release] PSM+ 4
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.7)
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
I've noticed some people using it without setting nicknames, meaning the script shows the start of their email address instead. However, I advise against doing this as it kin of advertises your contacts email to people that may use it for immoral purposes.
This could be build in in the script so it refuses to print those emails (replace them with blanks). With the use of a regular expression replace method this is quite easy (and many contacts will thank you ;)).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-27-2006 06:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.7)
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
This could be build in in the script so it refuses to print those emails (replace them with blanks). With the use of a regular expression replace method this is quite easy (and many contacts will thank you ).

Noted. :p Will just remove the function that inserts the email. it's not much code tbh (about 2-3 lines)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-27-2006 06:23 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
In my quest to make it possible for your PSM to display nearly all information about messenger, I've decided to add some new functions in the next release. They are:

%ip - Your IP Address. (has been requested before)
%percentage - Percentage of Online Conacts.
%blocked - Number of blocked contacts.

The "Colour" tab is going to be removed in the next version and replaced by a "Rotator" function that will allow you to cycle through various PSMs at a set interval.

Language support is so far almost complete. As soon as it is done and upto 100%, I will release version 3.8 of PSM+ and will offer language files for download as and when I get them. The script will eventually be able to automatically get the correct language file for your version (hopefully ;))

I'll try and keep you updated :p
10-10-2006 12:39 AM
brian

– / Male / –
Small suggestion:  You might want to modify the %offline% to contacts and make the %offline% equal to the total number of contacts minus the %online%? :)
10-10-2006 04:20 AM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by brian
Small suggestion:  You might want to modify the %offline% to contacts and make the %offline% equal to the total number of contacts minus the %online%?

You'd think so wouldn't you? lol I set %offline for this so that you could use the syntax "%online/%offline". %offline will EVENTUALLY be changed to %total and then %offline will be made again to show ONLY offline contacts. It's the next release though, and who knows how long that'll be...

Anybody that uses the Yahoo! Widget Engine can now benefit from an update widget that alerts you when a newer verion than the one you have is available.  The widget file is 25Kb in size and makes no changes to any part of your PC. It sits happily on your desktop (or out of they way on the "Heads Up Display"). There will be an option soon to automatically update the script when the widget is clicked and an update is available.

Click here to download the widget file - Seems to download as .zip | Please rename to .widget to use correctly

[Image: attachment.php?pid=740719]

.bmp File Attachment: widget.bmp (214.55 KB)
This file has been downloaded 640 time(s).

This post was edited on 10-14-2006 at 04:00 PM by Spunky.
10-10-2006 10:11 AM
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
First of all, sorry to bring up an old thread, but i've got a problem

I have uninstalled this script completely but when i got to change my PSM, about 5 seconds later it automatically changes back to 'chats open= current status='
(see attachment)
[Image: attachment.php?pid=743501]
Anyone know how to stop this?

.jpg File Attachment: screenshot.JPG (251.27 KB)
This file has been downloaded 649 time(s).

This post was edited on 10-18-2006 at 04:30 PM by Jimbo.
10-18-2006 06:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
Hmmm... It could be possible there are multiple instances of the script installed on your computer. Look in the scripts list and see if there are any others called "Chat Counter" or "PSM+" and stop them and then remove them. Also check in the scripts folder.

There was another thread about this with the !open command still working after uninstalling Huhu's script. I think it's down to the script being loaded in memory or something. Correct me if I'm wrong ^o)
10-18-2006 12:39 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
I think it's down to the script being loaded in memory or something. Correct me if I'm wrong (Smilie)
you're wrong :D

When you remove a script, the script is ended first. If an external ActiveX DLL is used in the script, Plus! will report that not all files could be removed.

So either way, either the script is totally removed completely, or Plus! will give you an error message.

The reason why certain commands still seem to work or things still seem to happen is in almost all cases because of different scripts which use the same commands as your just removed script, duplicated scripts* with a different name, or stuff which relateds to the messenger servers (eg: updates or reverting back of a PSM)...

As for the particular problem of JimboDude, this might also well be of a totally different script's doing. Extremely many scripts have been made (and not always bug free!) which do something with the PSM, so this might well be such script doing this.

eg: a script which backups used PSMs and can restore them. Such a script can linger in the background doing its stuff and restore the previously used PSM frequently due to a bug. But because of the PSM+ script, the PSM will always be set correctly, but i nthe background that other faulty script is still running. Once you removed PSM+, the faulty script takes precidence.

I'm not saying this is the cause, but it is a explanation (and common thing) on what might be happening.

* just as you indeed suggested too. Though, you can't install a same script twice. If you do that the previous installation will be overwritten. Only when the name of the script is different you can install a script twice.

@JimboDude: list all the scripts you have installed. You do this by going to Plus! > Preferences > General > Scripts or by showing us the whole contents of your Scripts directory.

;)

This post was edited on 10-18-2006 at 02:24 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-18-2006 02:17 PM
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
Lol, i worked out the problem, i had Chat counter installed aswell as i downloaded it from his website, and then from the Script DB
10-18-2006 02:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
you're wrong :D

Sounds TOO familiar :p

You're idea about it being another script backing up PSMs was something I would never have come up with. I almost wish it was that now. :D
10-18-2006 04:19 PM
Pages: (17): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 10 11 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: